Weekly Newsletter: We're Demystifying AI-Driven Test Automation at TestBash San Francisco
This newsletter is kindly supported by MoT!
Only a week until TestBash San Francisco
We're massively looking forward to bringing you such a diverse lineup of talks. All aimed at making you an even more awesome tester. Grab a last minute ticket!
Testing and the Community
- We're Demystifying AI-Driven Test Automation at TestBash San Francisco - How do these testing robots really work? Is this technology any good? Tariq can help you understand in his TestBash San Francisco talk.
- Randomize Your Thinking - Variation is one of the key concepts that we harness during our testing.
- How to Test API Usability: Part 2 - We care about hidden code quality, therefore we need to care about externally visible code like APIs even more.
- Testing: How Do You Know Something Is A Bug? — Using Mental Models and Oracles in Testing - Did you ever find a problem of which you weren’t sure it was a bug?
- How to verify everything returned in the response body - Are your automated API checks verifying everything in the response body? Or just the status code and a couple of selected fields?
- Performance Testing an API - Searching for recommendations for a product to test the volume going to the endpoint.
Upcoming MoT Events
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Masterclass: [E] Building a World Class QA team with Chris Thacker - 1hour - 8pm UK Time 12th November 2019.
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 28th -29th May 2020
- Accessibility is part of the job - If you use a website to take money from people, you should make that site accessible.
- Subtitle Guidelines - The BBC Academy has produced an online guide to subtitling.
- The Internet Is for Everyone, Right? Not With a Screen Reader - Are lawsuits like the one against Domino’s going to make a difference?
- 10 Automated Testing Tools That Threat Stack Uses — and Why - Sharing some insights that will help you in your testing activities.
- Your Flaky Tests Are Destroying Trust - Let's create a culture of excellence for testers everywhere by making sure that every test we run is reliable and provides value!
- API Testing Mistake #7: Running Tests Manually - Robert Schneider explains why API tests require automation and lists the major requirements.
- You need to test less, and think more about the quality of your project. - We like to measure. And all of us are wrong in doing so…
- Tests as Documentation - What do your tests say about your application?
- How to Prioritize QA Tasks - In any given day, there are prioritization decisions to be made.
- Best Python Tools for FullStack Automation Testing - Listed are a few of Joe's past interviewees’ favorite Python automation libraries, as well as a few that he has personally found helpful.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Is Cross Browser Testing Still Needed? - Find out why it's even more critical than ever with Mudit Singh.
- ABT 343 – Introduction - They interviewed one of their 3 listeners by asking them 3 questions about their career, and how it /may/ relate to the things they talk about on the main podcast.
- Episode 608 - Interesting Story About Police Encrypting Radio Traffic - This epsiode talks about an interesting take when police departments move to encrypted radios.
- 151: Frankly, sometimes paying the ransom is a good idea - Discussing ransomware, findings of the LastPass global password security report and more.
- These 17 iPhone apps have been removed from the Apple App Store for delivering malware - apps bypassed security measures by hiding code behind a C&C server.
- NordVPN Hack – Everything You Need to Know - While the news may be alarming to some, the tangible impact of this issue for NordVPN users is quite limited.
- Technical analysis of the checkm8 exploit - Analysis of the unfixable vulnerability in the
BootROMof most iDevices and what causes the vulnerability.
- Massive Malvertising Campaign Uses Zero Day Exploit to Deliver Malware - While the ad networks have controls in place to prevent abuse, cybercriminals often succeed in bypassing those security measures.
- Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET - Nottingham, UK.
- Quality Engineer - Milwaukee, Wisconsin. US.