Weekly Newsletter: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Wonderproxy
Learn about the most popular components of localization, explore how to test them and then automate tests with WonderProxy and common testing automation tools.
Testing and the Community
- Masterclass: Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? Join Alex Schladebeck on the 16th July at 8pm to find out more.
- Getting started with Machine Learning with Bill Matthews. This is a highly practical course and at the end of this course, you will have a working knowledge of ML and your own set of samples for how to build Deep Neural Networks to solve problems.
- Early Bird tickets are ending for TestBash Germany. An abundance of talks that will help your testing career.
- Testing Ask Me Anything on Shift Left, Shift Right with Marcus Merrell. If you missed it, the webinar is now live for watching, or rewatching!
- Should ISTQB exist? Lee touching on a topic of constant discussion.
- Two Twenty Testing (short testing related tips shared via video). Simon has suggested a rather interesting idea.
- Chromedriver - Under The Hood. Daniel gives you a very simple introduction to "chromedriver" and the way it works.
- Throttling network in Selenium tests using BrowserMob Proxy. How can you create an automated functional test to check that everything works fine with limited bandwidth?
- Form accessibility: a practical guide. How to make a form accessible.
- Designing and coding for low vision. Mallory van Achterberg, discusses the dos and don'ts of designing and coding for low vision.
- Notes from the a11y underground #2. Always good to get more insights into accessibility.
- Test Automation Aging in the Era of Continuous Testing. Have you considered how you will manage your test automation?
- Using DevOps Practices to Improve Productivity and Happiness. Nice breakdown of ideas.
- LoadNinja FAQs: Top Questions about Managing Continuous Performance in Your CI/ CD Pipeline. Some really useful information shared.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- I don't write tests because ... by Test& Code. Roadblocks to writing tests, and what to do about it.
- Episode 517 - Breaches Have Consequences by Security in Five. This episode talks about a company that was the cause of the Quest Diagnostics breach and had to shut its doors.
- 133: Cookie cock-ups, Hong Kong protests, and smart TV virus scans by Smashing Security. How technology has helped anti-government protesters, virus scan your Samsung devices and more.
- Episode 010 - The Automate or Die Special by The Evil Tester Show. In this podcast, we consider the concern that people need to learn to Automate or they will not have a testing career.
- SecAlerts. Keep track of vulnerabilities in your stack, rather handy tool.
- Grasshopper. Manage your calls online. Good way to have a business number.
- BugTower. The Simple Issue Tracker for Productive Teams.
- Hyperping. Beautifully simple and reliable uptime monitoring.
- Deep Web Monitor. Monitor website pages for changes behind login, web forms and inside web apps.
- Paw. A full-featured HTTP client that lets you test and describe the APIs you build or consume.
- Monkey Test. Interesting way to test every element on your page.
- Shake. A new way to report bugs?
- Is there a spy in your pocket? Who is it and what can you do about it?
- Millions of Patient Records Exposed in Breach at Medical Testing Giants’ Third-Party Vendor. It’s been a tough week for the healthcare industry.
- For two hours, a large chunk of European mobile traffic was rerouted through China. The same ISP accused last year of "hijacking the vital internet backbone of western countries."
- Personal data of 2.7 million people leaked from Desjardins. Another data breach to add to the list.
Upcoming MoT Events
- London Tester Gathering Workshops - 26th - 28th June
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- Test Engineer - UK home based
- Ministry of Testing #11 - Rio De Janeiro
- Customer Feedback Channels & Meetup Collider - Glasgow
- Being a trusted advisor as a tester with Elizabeth Fiennes - Detroit
- Testing Requirements - Software Testing Clinic Nottingham
- Agile Game On! - Dallas
- API Testing-How and where to start-in doing API testing? Come and meet others - Cincinnati
- June Meetup - Leeds
- Are you a Manager & is Cypress better than Selenium? - Munich
- Soirée Lean Coffee du Test - venez discuter de vos problématiques - Lyon