Weekly Newsletter: What are Your Wins for the Year?
This newsletter is kindly supported by Functionize
Tired of fixing broken tests? Empower your teams with smart tests that dynamically self-heal. Run cross-browser tests that scale in the cloud. Let machine learning take care of fixing your tests. Try Functionize for a free 14-day trial today.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Community Stories: fullPage.js makes every user happy by testing across browsers and devices - Alvaro needed an easy, practical way to test components and reproduce bugs on different browsers, browser versions, and operating systems.
- Call For Content - We are looking for new articles and Masterclass speakers. Can you help us? You will get paid for your time too.
- Improving Your Testing Through Operability - Ash Winter has a new course, register your interest now to be one of the first to know when it's live! By the end of the course, you'll have the tools you need to become an operability advocate. Making your testing even more awesome along the way!
- Testing Web services and APIs - Join Mark Winteringham on the 11th January for training, learn how to build automated tests that integrate with APIs and web services.
- Software Testing Essentials Live! - Join Mark and Dan for this training course to develop in-demand skills and essential software testing knowledge you need to advance your testing career.
- MoT Podcast - Mike meets David Burns - They cover the topic of Automated testing and how to find a balance between Manual and Automated testing.
- Win for the Year - Career and Personal - What have been your wins for 2020? Big, small and all the things in between.
- Where do your ends start and end in E2E testing? - How much of a user's journey do you feel it covers?
Community News & Podcasts
- Should You Hunt for That Bug? - Kristin shares her thoughts on when you should do it now and when you should wait until later.
- Getting started with implementing Automation - If you're new to automation, it can be hard to figure out the best implementation. Anand has some advice to help.
- Migrating .route() to .intercept() in Cypress - A new command has arrived in Cypress. Have you made use of it yet?
- Why You Need to do API Performance Testing with Patrick Poulin - Did you know that API performance testing is critical for delivering reliable APIs?
- AB Testing – Episode 131: The 2020 Year End Extravaganza - Reflecting a little on 2020 and look forward to 2021.
- 208: Hidden treasure, COVID tracker trauma, and happy holidays with IoT - What security lessons can be learnt from a controversial police raid in Florida? And are you ready for safer online get-togethers this Christmas?
- What you should know about visual testing - Learn more about visual testing and how it can enhance your test automation.
99-Minute Workshops - December 2020 and January 2021
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 12pm UK Time - 14th December 2020
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - Join Roman Segador at 6pm UK Time - 16th December 2020
- A Deep Dive into Junit 5 - Join Boni García at 12pm UK Time - 4th January 2021
- API Testing With Postman - Join Suman Bala at 6pm UK Time - 6th January 2021
- There's No U in Coach - Join Gareth Waterhouse and Lindsay Strydom at 12pm UK Time - 8th January 2021
- Speed-testing Using Mind-maps - Join Lena Wiberg at 6pm UK Time - 13th January 2021
- Team Care: Making Mental Health an Agile Practice - Join Jenna Charlton at 12pm UK Time - 18th January 2021
- Understanding Your Testability - Join Richard Bradshaw at 11pm UK Time - 28th January 2021
Posts selected from our business feed.
- Sauce Acquires API Fortress; Adds API Testing Capabilities - Sauce Labs has acquired API Fortress, a leading provider of modern API testing solutions for agile and DevOps teams.
- Exercise Bad Behavior – Don’t Let Your Testing Fail Due To Fatigue - When we are seeing a high frequency of failed automation executions, we get worn out.
- How Do You Test Single Sign-On (SSO)? A Detailed Look - You need to make sure that the SSO functionality works as expected.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Testing Web Services and APIs - 1 day - 11th January 2021
- Masterclass - Designing Test Cases Focused on the User Experience - 8pm UK Time - 12th January 2021
- Hands on WebdriverIO - 3 days - 1st - 3rd February 2021
- Software Testing Essentials Live! - 3 days - 12th - 14th April 2021
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Up Your A11y - A web accessibility toolkit. Tutorials & resources for developers seeking to build accessible web experiences.
- How a blind person uses a website on mobile versus desktop - Blind people navigate differently on mobile devices than on desktop computers. This webinar will demonstrate and explain how to make digital content accessible to both.
- Critical CSRF vulnerability found on Glassdoor company review platform - The critical flaw impacted both job seeker and employer accounts on the web domain.
- CISA and FBI warn of rise in ransomware attacks targeting K-12 schools - The percentage of ransomware attacks against K-12 schools increased at the beginning of the 2020 school year.
- Safer networks at home: Working remotely in 2021 - Working from home full-time has a unique set of challenges, there's one aspect that's easy to overlook: Your home network's security.
- Mobile Application Testing: Made Easy - Online Kuala Lumpur
- Where to start with Security if you're not a Security Tester - Auckland
- Cloud Austin: The Twelve Clouds of Christmas - Online, Austin
- Accessibility Testing Talk & Let's use Lighthouse! - Online, Berlin