Weekly Newsletter: What's Your Dev - Tester Ratio?
This newsletter is kindly supported by BrowserStack!
BrowserStack is offering 30 days of free access to the MoT community. Sign up for the special MoT pack and start testing on real devices for free.
All Things Ministry of Testing
- Meet The Coaches Podcast - Helena Jeret-Mäe - Adam Leon Smith speaks with Helena to get to know about her background and coaching experiences and how they could help you with your career.
- What Does Couples Therapy Have in Common With Your Team - The way we talk to each other reveals a lot, Daria explores negative communication patterns, when they appear and how to tackle them.
- Verifying Relationships: Consumer-Driven Contract Tests and Microservices with Thomas Shipley - Learn more about the Pact framework, Consumer-Driven Contract Tests, Microservices and how to leverage all of this to have more time for other test activities.
- Visual testing: How it works and getting started - Join the Masterclass on 20th August at 8pm UK time to learn tips to make visual testing do more for your team.
- What’s Your Dev - Tester Ratio? - What’s your current dev to tester ratio? And is it a ratio you’re comfortable with?
- Is it the right time change roles? - How do you balance your own desire to learn on a young developing team?
Community News & Podcasts
- Regression and Functional tests are meaningless - What are regression and functional tests really and when should you run them?
- 191: We are on the bird - Can a video game help your company's staff choose stronger passwords? Why might satellite-based internet communications be bad for security? And what are the alternatives to TikTok?
- Risk is... - Difficult to define but no matter how you define it, there is no one size fits all approach to it.
- Episode 14: Beth Skurrie on PACT, Heuristics and Perfectionism - Beth talks about PACT applied, making conscious decisions around tool selection and keeping tech relevant.
- Creating A Test Automation Portfolio Episode 2: RPA Testing - Beth dives into the world of RPA by trying to automation booking a session at her local gym. Does she make it to the gym?
99-Minute Workshops - August
- API testing in Python with requests - 1pm New York, US Time - 19th August 2020
- Introduction to creating test strategies - 12pm New Zealand time (NZST) - 21st August 2020
- There's no U in Coach - 12pm UK Time - 24th August 2020
- Exploring Quality - 1pm New York, US Time - 26th August 2020
- An introduction to Web UI automation - 12pm New Zealand time (NZST) - 28th August 2020
Posts selected from our business feed
- Coordinating your automated and manual test management - Joel explores why people duplicate their testing efforts and some possible solutions to coordinate and better manage this.
- test.allTheThings() with Cypress and TestCafe - Sauce Labs have added Cypress and TestCafe support to the Sauce Testrunner Toolkit. Learn how to get it set up and try for yourself.
- A Really Useful List for Exploratory Testers - Brilliant resources to help you get started with exploratory testing, know where to ask questions, how to convince others and more.
Upcoming MoT Events
- 99 Min Workshops - We have multiple workshops running during different timezones in upcoming months.
- Masterclass: Visual testing: How it works and getting started - 8pm UK Time - 20th August 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Automation - 8pm UK Time - 8th September 2020
- TestBash Manchester Online - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands Online - 15th - 16th October 2020
- Test.bash(Online); - 29th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand Online - 20th November 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- 6-Step Mobile App Accessibility Checklist - A handy guide if you're developing mobile apps.
- These two basic flaws make it easy for hackers to break into your systems - Some potentially easy things to fix to make sure your systems are secure.
- Plymouth Passport Office’s pitiful password privacy - An interesting way to share passwords with your staff.
- AMA: How to Blog about Testing and Tech - with your host Pirate Lee - Online, MidsTest
- Lunchtime TestSphere Discussion - Online, Buckinghamshire