Mobile Test Automation at the BBC: Then, Now and Next - Jit Gosai
This is a case study of how the Mobile Platform teams test automation has evolved over the last 5 years. From rounds of manual regression testing then onto automated UI testing now to isolated code level tests and what’s next for the team.
I’ll go into what worked for the team and what didn’t and how we overcome the problems we faced.
This talk will also detail what we plan to do for the future of testing within the Mobile Platform team.
- Testing: What has and hasn’t worked with our testing from manual to automated testing and everything in between
- Pairing: How we collaboratively pair tester and developers to write code level tests
- Team structure: How our teams are organised and why
- Risk Vs Value: How we balance the risk of not testing Vs value of testing it
- Feedback: What new feedback mechanisms we are looking at to understand the quality of our products and feeding this back into development
Pipeline Architectures to Fit Your Software Architecture - Abby Bangser00:29:08
What's that Smell? Tidying Up Our Test Code - Angie Jones00:45:55
You Can Become a Toolsmith Too! - Matthew Bretten00:30:01
Of Spies, Fakes and Friends - Help Your Code Lead a Double Life! - Rabea Gleissner00:27:39
Digging In: Getting Familiar With The Code To Be A Better Tester - Hilary Weaver-Robb00:45:41
Scalable XCUITests within iOS Pipelines - Shashikant Jagtap00:43:40