Discussion - The Future of Test Cases
Join Kim Nepata, Bedford West and Caleb Crandall as they discuss 'The Future of Test Cases'. They discussed the following questions:
- What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you are thinking about the future of test cases?
- How would you go about convincing a CTO that your team can get by without test cases?
- What processes do you suggest to use other than test cases?
- If you're not using test cases how are you tracking your test activities? Followup, how do you know when you are done testing?
- How do you manage test coverage without test cases?
- Test cases contain step-by-step of how to get the feature to even work. Where does that info go instead of a test case?
- Is there an FAQ to give to those that have concerns about moving away from test cases?
- What do you think is a good split between writing and the activity of test cases? I find there are many times where it takes double the time writing than doing.
- One pro and one con of test cases?
- Our test cases grow rapidly when new features come in. How can we manage those sets of cases. How does your team manage this?
- How do you handle regression testing with or without test cases?
- Is it fair to say that Acceptance Criteria si the substitute of test cases?
- How does your team transition from using test cases to this new process, it might be big change in their testing process for some
Do You Know How to Ask a Question?00:27:20
How Can You Contribute to Automation If You Don't Know How to Write Code?00:21:39
Navigating Rapid Change: How I Gave Birth to Dev Testing and a Baby in 9 Months00:24:59
How to Bring Accessibility Testing into Your Teams?00:29:25
Test Leadership In Requirements & Specification Stages00:28:27
Bullshit Alert! On The Bullshitisation of Software Testing00:25:45
Discussion - What is Quality?01:04:31
Gatekeeper to Enabler: 5 Steps to Make QA the Darling of Your Company00:46:46
Empathy is the Foundation of Testing00:21:43
TestBash Home 2021 - 99-Second Talks00:42:42
Ask Me Anything - Onboarding Testers01:10:38