- Define the basics of the internet protocol suite and how protocols sit on top of it.
- Describe what protocols are and the different types of protocols that exist.
- Explain how HTTP is a fundamental part of the Web.
- Operate different tools that can be used to observe HTTP requests.
- Learning about protocols can help identify new risks, create new test ideas and debug both frontend and backend issues for bug reports and discussions with developers.
- You will be introduced to the component parts of HTTP which provides an excellent primer into API Testing.
- Understanding how protocols work will work as an introduction to complex web systems and potential vulnerabilities for security testing.
What you need to use during this lesson:
- Form Fun!: A form demo to fill in along with Mark