Do you like to break things? Are you naturally curious? Can you quickly find bugs and tactfully report them? Would you like to work with a similarly-minded group of dedicated people with a reputation for integrity, excellence, and teamwork? If so, then this is the job for you!
Saab Sensis Corporation is in search of a motivated, enthusiastic individual interested in putting technical skills to use as an Integration & Test Engineer in our East Syracuse, NY office.
The Saab Sensis Air Traffic Management Business Area has an opening for the role of Integration & Test Engineer for its Automation and Surveillance segment. Automation and Surveillance encompasses all forms of detecting and tracking aircraft while in flight and on the surface of airports, including radar, multilateration, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast. Saab Sensis specializes in the design and deployment of these solutions, the development of integrated surveillance systems, and the fusion and display of the information each creates. As a member of the team, you will support the integration and testing of these products for deployment to customers from Adelaide to Zurich.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include:
- Discovering, investigating, and solving problems
- Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures
- Conducting hardware, software, and system integration
- Assisting in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Assembling lab environments
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Crafting test scenarios using various simulators
- Performing data analysis
- Creating, updating, and validating test tools
- Interacting with internal and external customers on technical and programmatic issues
- Bachelor’s degree of higher from an accredited degree program, with a major in an engineering discipline, computer science. physics, or mathematics
- 0 to 3 years’ work in a technical environment
- Think logically and critically
- Manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Function comfortably in a test lab environment
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with software and hardware integration and test methodologies
- Experience with operating a variety of electronic test gear, such as oscilloscopes, power meters, and RF waveform generators
- Experience with MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
- Experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
- Familiarity with Unix and/or Linux
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and protocols
To be successful, you should:
- Learn quickly
- Handle responsibility well
- Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Practice clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Display well-developed problem-solving skills
- Maintain high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to influence and negotiation
- Understand the need for control, repeatability, and risk management and act accordingly and proactively
At Saab Sensis you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save human lives. You will work closely with other systems, hardware, software, and test engineers to ensure that electronic products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration and support at all levels.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work/life balance, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility.
Saab Sensis values diversity and as an AA/EO employer, we encourage qualified women, minorities, Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check and verification of education and employment.
As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.