The App Business is looking for a talented Automation Test Engineer to help us build and evolve our testing frameworks across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who know how to build the tools they’ll need to push our software experiences to the next level.
Our ideal Test Automation Engineer is someone who knows what should and shouldn’t be automated, is hungry to work with a collaborative team and has the experience to champion test automation within teams, projects, and companies. They contribute to the quality, robustness, and reliability of the products we create, and will have the confidence to say “we can’t ship that” if these things are compromised.
At the App Business, we believe nothing should impede you from doing your best work. So, we’ve structured the company around this principle in order to give individuals the autonomy to make decisions, to encourage experimentation and to think big.
If you would like to learn and grow in a supportive environment whilst doing your best work, then you are just what The App Business is looking for.
- A technical expert in helping to deliver quality software
- Leading and shaping working solutions for automation testing
- Solving complex programming problems and keeping good coding practice in check
- Bringing in new ideas and helping improve the development process
- Learning and collaborating within agile teams
- Keen to express and share ideas
- Championing automation within the company and beyond
- Helping to keep The App Business a step ahead of the competition
You must have:
- Excellent BDD and/or TDD techniques using tools such as Cucumber
- Experience with UI automation frameworks such as Calabash or Capybara
- Experience using build and version control tools such as Gradle or GIT
- Awareness of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges these pose to quality
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- The ability and drive to work outside of your comfort zone
It’s nice if you have
- Experience with API and Database testing
- Experience in mocking endpoints to support automation strategy and exploratory testing
- Exposure to and understanding of mobile network architecture and networking principles
- Knowledge of exploratory and/or context-driven testing techniques
- 2:1 or above in a Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical degree