Brandwatch is one of the world’s best Social Media Monitoring applications. We help hundreds of clients discover, understand and respond to comments made on the web.
Brandwatch Analytics, the flagship in our suite of products, is the most powerful and responsive social media listening and analytics platform available. Brandwatch Analytics allows users to collect and analyze the social data that matters to them by using a host of powerful analytics features.
The Data Coverage team are responsible for the ensuring that Brandwatch is able to collect more and more of the ever-increasing amounts of data published online every day to social media, and other online resources.
As a Test Engineer on this team, you’ll be working within a highly-skilled group to ensure that we are both ‘building the software right’ and ‘building the right software’. You’ll need to understand the new functionality being developed from both a technical and business perspective, and be able to employ a variety of manual and automation test techniques to ensure that we maintain the highest possible quality in our software.
What you need:
- Solid commercial experience with full-stack testing
- Previous experience of both manual and automation testing techniques
- Ability to develop and maintain tests using Cucumber with Ruby or a similar ecosystem
- Proficiency in QA processes such as Behaviour-Driven Development
- A lateral approach to problem solving with an open mindset when generating new ideas to enable effective QA solutions.
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience of working with integration and unit testing frameworks and tools, here we use Docker, Cucumber-JVM and JUnit and Spock for Java
- Comfortable using the command line, including: using Git and Github, navigating OSX and Linux systems and interrogating PostgreSQL databases
- Previously been part of an Agile environment - we work in Scrum teams
- Utilised Jira as an issue and project tracking system
- Experience testing Restful API’s
- Continuous Integration experience using Jenkins or similar
- Able to read code for static analysis - we develop our software using Java
What we offer:
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution, childcare vouchers and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 7 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laine in our brand new refurbished offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces and if you’re lucky we'll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach and you can enjoy one of our fortnightly massages right from the office.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.