We are looking to hire a passionate and accomplished QA Automation Tester, who has demonstrable experience creating and executing clear robust test plans, as well as providing automated tests to consistently and continually support quality digital service delivery.
We prize collaborative ego-free people, who are able to show us that they’ve made both reasoned and intuitive decisions in previous jobs, are pragmatic, and have a strong teamwork ethic.
What you’ll do
1. Work as part of an Agile team ensuring the quality and suitability of the deliverables
2. Produce test automation suites using our test framework (Capybara/Selenium Webdriver)
3. Create Jenkins jobs to run the automation jobs using Jenkins Job Builder YAML files
4. Test APIs, primarily JSON5. Act as a gatekeeper to all the deliverables, and provide valuable QA input in timely fashion
6. Write effective BDD-based functional tests, which become specifications
7. Validate and participate in finalising acceptance criteria on Agile stories
8. Perform manual web testing for rendering, responsiveness and adaptiveness ofweb UI on multiple browsers and devices
9. Raise descriptive and useful bug reports and prioritise bugs
10. Actively support Agile development methods and best practices
11. Support other testers in their work to ensure the spread of good practice andknowledge
12. Assist external client test teams (UAT, Security and User Testing)
Skills you need to have
1. Minimum of 3 years of software testing experience within a full lifecycle software engineering environment
2. Web automation experience with Ruby as programming language
3. Hands on experience of Selenium Webdriver and Capybara for web automation
4. Setup and maintenance of Jenkins Jobs
5. Experience of writing BDD style test cases with Cucumber
6. Experience in maintenance of automated test suites.
7. Hands on experience of manual web testing including responsiveness, cross browser, accessibility and web analytics
8. Experience of using git and SourceTree
9. Experience of using Jenkins and setting test run jobs
10. Experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of automated test suites.
1. Web performance testing using tools like JMeter, LoadUI
2. API automation with Ruby gems
3. Working knowledge of XML, SQL, relational databases, HTTP, HTML and Linux based environments.