The Royal Opera House continues to lead the way in opera, ballet, music and dance live on stage at our heritage theatre site here in Covent Garden, and reaching out to audiences across the UK and worldwide with our cinema screenings and content through other digital platforms. Central to our digital presence is our responsive website, which continues to grow and evolve, serving the digital needs of our audiences, customers and the ambitions of the organization. The website now accounts for over a third of the organization’s revenue and brings 450k monthly visitors.
We are now looking for an experienced QA Test Engineer to join the Digital Development Team. Reporting to the Head of Digital Development, you will take on the development of quality assurance measures and testing standards for our website services, digital products and applications. Your skills and experience will enable you to introduce automated testing and to create understanding on best practice for behaviour driven development. You will be working closely with the designer, developers and Product Owners, in an agile team environment, where collaborative working and continuous improvement are essential. The position is offered as a permanent contract.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with these qualities:
- A broad experience of various types of testing, such as functional, cross browser, BDD, regression, load and user testing
- Experience of test automation and moving to an automated test environment
- Competency across a range of frameworks and technologies, or ability to cross train (including: creating Gherkin scenarios, use of Behat, Git and Selenium)
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile / Scrum team environment
- A professional manner and high standard of written and verbal English
- Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website www.roh.org.uk or from the Human Resources Department, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00am, Monday 2 October 2017
Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.