At Sky Betting & Gaming we don’t have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we’ve created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What you’ll do:
- Champion test automation throughout the tribe, working within the squads to design and build robust automation frameworks.
- Architect a test infrastructure that is treated in the same manner as production code, maintainable and performant.
- Create, maintain and advocate testing of API services, through the use of multi-layered automation frameworks.
- Steer test approach to include mocks, stubs and automated frameworks through early engagement.
- Integrate automation into continuous integration build.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design and develop creative solutions to multi-platform testing problems.
- Work with teams to develop and implement monitoring to check health and availability of services.
- Be responsible for, or create, maintain and execute non-functional tests.
- Provide technical support, coaching and mentoring to help develop people within the tribe.
How you’ll do it:
You will report into the Test Manager for the Bet Customer Tribe, but day to day your work will be within your squads where you will be given the autonomy to determine how to best approach the automated testing of a squads’ applications and services.
- Be comfortable at a whiteboard debating testability of microservice architectures and how automated tests should provide coverage for each of these services.
- Proactively conduct research on emerging technologies and help introduce these where appropriate.
- Advocate for all engineers in the team to be involved with the creation and maintenance of test tooling code.
- You’ll work alongside autonomous squads where your opinion counts.
- You’ll analyse past experiences to help make better decisions.
Other skills we value:
- Page Object automated test design pattern.
- Strong use of version control tools such as GIT.
- Message queue technologies, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Skills using a variety of datastore technologies.
How we work:
- We work as small agile squads consisting of engineers and testers plus other supporting roles.
- Teams manage work using a Kanban workflow and we organize ourselves using the familiar inceptions, daily standups and regular retrospectives
- We are very open to change and finding new more effective ways of working
- We operate a no-blame culture where we focus on learning from mistakes and using that knowledge to make us more effective in future
- Learning and development is important and we allocate every Friday afternoon for you to study as you choose
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 700,000 customers a day & growing!
It’s a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.