We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Made and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge technology including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications, Swipe to Hype, app marketing and various in-store features. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Due to rapid growth and client demand, we are seeking a motivated Senior Mobile Test Engineer, with experience in iOS and Android app testing, to join the Poq team. You’ll use your knowledge of testing to help our engineering team deliver an amazing product and have a huge impact on the quality of Poq’s rapidly growing platform. This would be an ideal job for someone technically minded who is passionate about apps and mobile technology.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking ownership of app testing and working with tech team to identify high-impact issues
- Manual testing for new features, designs and releases as well as exploratory testing to ensure our platform maintains high standards as it grows
- Filing bugs and communicating with the team about issues
- Writing and executing test scripts and test instructions
- Advising on testing improvements and assisting with the roll out of automation testing
- Interacting with users to prioritise inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
What we’re looking for
- Professional mobile app testing experience on both iOS and Android platforms
- 3+ years professional testing experience in relevant field
- Test automation experience
- Use of API testing tools such as Postman and Charles
- Highly detail-oriented and committed to quality
- Technically minded, grasps technical concepts quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Extremely self-motivated; able to work independently to identify opportunities for improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience working on apps for retail
- Familiarity with Crashlytics or similar crash reporting tool
- Start-up experience
- Commercial programming experience
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Engineering/Computer Science degree or similar
- Appreciation of design, exposure to Sketch/Zeplin
- Use of Jira
- Competitive salary.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Free organic fruit, snacks, tea and coffee throughout the week.
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office.
- Team drinks every Friday.
- We are a small but growing team. We work hard and celebrate successes together.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).
- Pool table.
How to apply
The best way to apply is by gaining an introduction to a member of the Poq team.
The second best way to apply is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please introduce yourself and attach a copy of your CV with any supporting links/info.