A thoroughbred Tribe with speed, agility, and chess-like strategy at our core, we design, develop, test and maintain skybet.com. We also run Super 6 and the Fantasy Football league for Sky Sports
Pushing new tech to its limits, we deliver resilient, scalable, high performing systems. And own the development process from automated infrastructure build and code release toolchains to monitoring performance metrics in real-time
Join our Tribe in Leeds and you’ll work with the best digital minds. You’ll create innovative products and applications. And you’ll develop systems and software that can handle the biggest of challenges - like 11m financial transactions every Saturday afternoon
Why not have a look at the Bet tribe video: http://bit.ly/2o4Lt9Z
What you’ll do:
- Create, maintain and advocate testing of real-time data streams, through the use of automation frameworks, including extensive API testing.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design and develop creative solutions to multi-platform testing problems.
- Steer test approach to include mocks, stubs and automated frameworks through early engagement.
- Build a test infrastructure that is treated in the same manner as production code, maintainable and performant.
- Integrate automation into continuous integration build.
- Work with teams to develop and implement monitoring to check health and availability of services.
- Be responsible for, or create, maintain and execute non-functional tests.
- Provide technical support, coaching and mentoring to help develop people within the tribe.
How you’ll do it:
You will report into the Test Lead for the Bet Tribe, but day to day your work will be within your squads where you will be given the autonomy to determine how to best approach the testing of your applications and services
- Be comfortable at a whiteboard debating testability of microservice architectures and how automated tests should provide coverage for each of these services.
- Proactively conduct research on emerging technologies and help introduce these where appropriate.
- Advocate for all engineers in the team to be involved with the creation and maintenance of test tooling code.
- You’ll work alongside autonomous squads where your opinion counts.
- You’ll analyse past experiences to help make better decisions.
Other skills we value:
- Page Object automated test design pattern.
- Using version control tools such as GIT.
- Message queue technologies, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Skills using a variety of datastore technologies.
How we work:
- We work as small agile squads consisting of engineers and testers plus other supporting roles.
- Teams manage work using a Kanban workflow and we organize ourselves using the familiar inceptions, daily standups and regular retrospectives
- We are very open to change and finding new more effective ways of working
- We operate a no-blame culture where we focus on learning from mistakes and using that knowledge to make us more effective in future
- Learning and development is important and we allocate every Friday afternoon for you to study as you choose
Why should you work for us?
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don’t have team Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game
It all means that we’ve created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For