Software Test Engineer (Software Tester)
£competitive + excellent benefits
RedEye has an exciting opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to join the development team in Crewe.
Our unique solution is called Contour, and it’s driven by a database that combines all customer data, online and offline, to deliver multi-channel campaigns.
We’re proud to work with top brands including Sainsbury’s, Avis, Snow & Rock and Hotel Chocolat.
We are fast growing (30% each year) having twice ranked in The Times 100 fastest growing technology businesses. We’ve just been awarded a two star ‘Outstanding’ rating in the Times Best Companies list and we’re proud to have won Hack Manchester in both 2015 & 2016.
Why work for RedEye’s Development Team?
• We follow a progressive, context driven approach to testing
• We have great cross departmental engagement
• We are an outstanding service delivery function
• We focus on continual improvement, we keep it simple and we are always evolving workplace practices
• We have automation of environments, testing, deployment and repeatable tasks
• We’re constantly learning and open to new technologies
• Take ownership of testing user stories end to end by creating test charters, exploratory testing, functional, system and regression testing and communicating outcomes to the wider team
• Work within our Agile team, providing continuous testing to ensure our developers can deliver great code on time, every time
• Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information to our Agile team and Lead Tester, and contribute at team meetings as part of the Agile process
• Assist the implementation of test automation
• Participate in our continuous improvement process and help maintain our great learning environment
• Graduate calibre with a technical degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or similar
• Have experience in both system testing and testing database applications
• Possess strong critical thinking skills
• Have the desire to develop a career as a Software Test Engineer
• Be a team player with great interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to respond to change and be adaptable in approach
• Display a strong understanding or have experience with test automation
• 25 holidays per year + 8 bank holidays
• Free day off for your birthday
• Holiday purchase scheme - you can purchase up to four additional holidays in any holiday year
• Flexible working
• Training and development
• Funded social activities throughout the year - our social committee have a generous budget and there are events every month. Alzheimer's Society are their Charity Partner for the year and there are various fundraising events on top of all the social activities
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
• Free breakfast
• Casual dress code
• Discounted gym membership
Please apply HERE