We are looking for a software tester to join the team in Brighton.
You will have the opportunity to be testing Kineo's web based products which include Managed Learning Systems along with customised instances of Totara, to ensure products are fit for purpose and bug free. You shall be responsible for understanding the system under test, creating test scripts and test data, carrying out technical, functional and cross-browsing testing.
You shall take an active part in projects, submitting test plans, test cases and working within the team to achieve repeatable and reliable testing.
What Do We Do?
Kineo is a market-leader in the eLearning industry. We're growing fast and are busy expanding our global presence. Our motto? 'Stirring things up' - we love doing what we do! Kineo has been providing learning solutions for over ten years, and part of City & Guilds for almost five. We help the world's leading businesses and organisations improve performance through learning and technology, providing a wide range of world-class eLearning consultancy, development and support services. We partner with clients all over the world with offices in the UK, APAC, South Africa and the US.
You'll be responsible for understanding the system under test, creating test scripts and test data, carrying out technical, functional and cross-browser testing.We will need you to take an active part in projects, submitting test plans, test cases and working within the team to achieve repeatable and reliable testing.
- Implementation of the test strategy, test plans and reporting
- Working close within a software development environment
- Being a contributing member of the team
- Supporting functional and non-functional testing work stream
- Ensuring test scripts and documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Utilising test tools
- Analysis and understanding defects
- Contributing to continual improvement in testing processes and best practice
- Keen eye for detail
- A technical mind adept to solving problems
- Experience of using bug tracking software
- Experience of data led software testing
- Ability to model test date and design testing scenarios
- Experience of working within a software development environment
- Experience of test case creation and execution
- Excellent English grammar skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound understanding of functional and customer journey testing
It would be a bonus if you have an understanding of learning management systems:
- Experience of using the Moodle/Totara LMS or any other digital media learning system
- Experience of test automation, preferably Gherkin/Cucumber, Behat/Selenium
- Basic knowledge of a programming language (PHP)
- ISTBQ or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience of working within agile teams, adapt to change and realignment
Kineo is a fun and colourful place to work, with a very familial feel (so we’re told). Aside from gaining lots of new friends, you’ll benefit from:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus an additional days’ leave with every 2 years’ service
- Generous pension and award-winning benefits scheme including medical care
- Free fruit delivered to the office and a number of sports clubs such as running and football, with subsidies available for entering events
There’s plenty more too, such as life assurance, private healthcare, shopping discounts, and childcare vouchers
Sound like your dream job? We'd love to hear from you! Please follow this link, including a cover letter outlining why you're the best person for the job.