At Sky Betting & Gaming we don’t have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we’ve created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in all aspects of product testing including extensive API testing, exploratory, integration, regression, performance, infrastructure and cross browser and cross device.
- Review product designs, feeding back and challenging to ensure systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
- Analyse product requirements and technical specifications to plan and execute structured, session based exploratory testing.
- Capture meaningful test evidence.
- Identify areas of functionality suited for automation, or where mocks and stubs can be created to support testing.
- Identify risks arising from non-functionals and work with specialists to facilitate appropriate testing.
- Work with teams to design monitoring to check health and availability of services.
How you’ll do it:
You will report into the Test Lead for the Bet Tribe, but day to day your work will be within your squad where you will be given the autonomy to determine how to best approach the testing of your applications and services.
- Be comfortable at a whiteboard debating testability of microservice architectures.
- Advocate team responsibility for quality over tester responsibility.
- You’ll work within an autonomous squad where your opinion counts.
- You’ll analyse past experiences to help make better decisions.
Other skills we value:
- Skills to contribute to, or create automation frameworks.
- Working on microservice architectures.
- Using version control tools such as GIT.
- Message queue technologies, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Skills using a variety of datastore technologies.
- Awareness of continuous integration tools.
How we work:
- We work as small agile squads consisting of engineers and testers plus other supporting roles.
- Teams manage work using a Kanban workflow and we organize ourselves using the familiar inceptions, daily standups and regular retrospectives
- We are very open to change and finding new more effective ways of working
- We operate a no-blame culture where we focus on learning from mistakes and using that knowledge to make us more effective in future
- Learning and development is important and we allocate every Friday afternoon for you to study as you choose
Horse Racing Squad
This role sits in our Horse Racing Squad, it has the challenge of keeping customers happy on the busiest day of the year: The Grand National. Creating exciting and innovative new solutions for other high-traffic festivals such as Ascot and Cheltenham, and ensuring that all races outside the UK and Ireland have industry-leading numbers of betting opportunities: all day & every day.
They do this by creating lean technical solutions and constantly evolving the stack that these offerings run on, in isolation to the rest of our sports, working in strong partnership with our colleagues in the Trading, Marketing and Product teams.
We will consider remote working (with at least 50% of time being in the base office), part-time working and flexible hours to accommodate your personal circumstances, providing we can meet our business needs.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 200,000 customers a day & growing!
It’s a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.