Do you feel that Quality Assurance is an integral part of the user experience that starts well before the first line of code is written? At WillowTree, we don’t believe QA is just a challenge to find what the development team missed. QA at WillowTree is a deep partnership where world class design and development practices are married with automated and manual testing to create incredible user experiences.
We’re hiring a Vice President of Quality Assurance to lead the Quality Assurance operations at WillowTree, Inc., providing oversight and a holistic approach to all company activities related to quality best practice, platform compliance, and release management.
Responsibilities will include developing, growing, and guiding a high performing QA team across ~30 projects at any given time, promoting best practices, and providing mentorship and coaching to build knowledge and expertise throughout the team.
- Are passionate about producing world class, top quality products
- Have strong mentorship skills and proven ability to grow and maintain teams
- Are adept at identifying and implementing process improvement: defining, evolving, and optimizing company-wide processes
- Vet and implement industry-leading tools and practices to ensure excellent user experiences and security
- Can develop long-term vision and strategy for QA, enhancing productivity through balancing automated and manual testing
- Work with Business Development to effectively communicate WillowTree's QA capabilities and leadership
- Work with Principal Engineers and Project Managers to ensure overall product quality
- Work with project teams and stakeholders to identify and rectify issues of quality
- Engage senior client stakeholders to improve their own software testing and processes
- Represent WillowTree’s Mobile QA vision to potential clients and at industry conferences.
- 8+ years of consumer-facing software testing experience
- 5+ years of software testing team management experience
- Firm knowledge of the mobile software development space and tools
- History of vetting and choosing software testing tools, as well as managing manual testing teams
- Functional knowledge of all types of software development testing
- Aspiration to be a recognized leader and help define the emerging mobile software testing industry.
- Demonstrated experience in working in collaborative teams to solve challenging technical problems related to scale, performance and capacity.
- Knowledge of software development, design patterns, and build/release processes
- Some travel - client visits, conferences, regular inter-office visits (Charlottesville & Durham)
- Reports to Senior VP of Engineering
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every single day.