Posted: 4th March 2019
SOFTWARE TESTING ENGINEER
Gent, East-Flanders. Belgium
BUG HUNTER TO CHASE THEM DOWN IN THE SOFTWARE FOREST
Deep in the mythical software forest of Awingu, bugs crawl from time to time from between the fallen leaves. Those bugs are so ugly, they scare the visitors, running away screaming. But don’t worry, here are the Bug Hunters! They chase the evil bugs with their bow and arrow and their automatic machine gun. Do you want to be one of them?
This was the more esoteric explanation of the role of software tester (a.k.a. QA or Quality Assurance), but the task is the same: find bugs before they end-up at our customers. At Awingu, we have an agile software development team of 8 people, including 2 software testers.
As tester, you are involved from the beginning to the end:
- During story definition: assessing the risks, forgotten use cases, etc.
- During each two week sprint: discussing with developers, validating the finished stories and fixed bugs, writing software tests for the automatic test suites and interpret the results of those test suites, etc.
- Before our bi_yearly release: finding some nasty regression bugs trough test descriptions or checklists.
What we expect from a good software tester:
- Imagination: try to put yourself mentally in the seat of our customers
- Curiosity: dare to take paths no one has taken before
- Critical: you only believe it if you have tested it
- Perseverance: bugs might be very well hidden
There are also some useful “hard skills”:
- Basic programming skills to help with the automation framework
- Eagerness to learn about Windows system administration, because this is what our customers use to integrate with Awingu.
- Handy, but not required: knowledge about UX (User Experience).
We are a scale-up company with 30 employees. We work in a brand new office inside the Ghelamco Arena in Ghent. As we are a small company, everyone will know you and you will know everyone.
We offer a central workspace to our business customers. With our workspace, they can allow their employees to access work from anywhere, anytime and from any device, even if their ICT infrastructure is not cloud ready yet. All access happens web-based in a secure way.
- A challenging and varied job in a fresh, young and rapidly changing environment.
- A competitive compensation package.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts