Senior Agile Test Analyst
Stockport, Greater Manchester. United Kingdom
Are you passionate about quality and testing software with an Agile mindset? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
We’re looking for a Senior Agile Test Analyst to join our ranks. With a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, you’ll play a key part in supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives which enable better practices for our Delivery Teams to develop features that delight our customers. You’ll be an experienced Agile advocate, with a strong testing background and a desire to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes. You’ll have a breadth of knowledge in all basic testing techniques, with depth and specialism in one or more advanced areas too! You’ll ideally have some automation skills to flex, and love to advocate for new ways to do things. You’ll be an inspiring teacher, coaching and mentoring others to improve their skills and acting as a role model to develop the stars of tomorrow.
You will not be happy with the status quo and will strive passionately to challenge, advance, and refine our collective successes and our people. You will actively advocate for quality being everyone’s responsibility, and embed better practices, with a strong ‘Test Pyramid’ automation focus. Your consideration of quality extends beyond functional behaviour, encompassing non-functional capability such as performance and security. You will be technically competent; able to direct and contribute from a demonstrable position of knowledge.
Your pastoral responsibilities will include cultivating an enjoyable, enthusiastic working environment, with a degree of ‘just enough’ line management to facilitate independent, positive and proactive staff.
Skills and Experience
- An excellent and comprehensive understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A cradle-to-grave approach to ‘baking quality in’ to Software Delivery
- Experience of TDD and BDD techniques
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and approaches
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing and inspiring others to achieve
- A proactive, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven track record of problem-solving and delivering improvements, seeing them through to completion
- Experience of using automation tools such as Selenium and Soap UI
- Leadership capability desirable
- Experience of Performance and Security Testing desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- Training and development
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from local train and bus station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child care vouchers
- Start with 25 days’ holiday
- Life and Health Insurance
- Award-nominated learning programme
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression