Posted: 16th October 2019
Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
Los Angeles, CA. United States
As the Quality Assurance Manager at Criteria, you will ensure that our releases conform to specification and are bug free. You will work closely with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams to understand features to design appropriate test cases, while working with our Support teams to manage, organize, and prioritize the bug backlog. You’ll also be responsible for managing a small team and iterating on process to come up with best practices.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Criteria is a technology company that's changing the way employers find and retain great talent. We are passionate about helping our customers build their highest performing teams using fair and objective science-based processes.
Over 3,500 companies currently use our HireSelect product and we are growing quickly. We've been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies for five years running, and we've also earned a spot on BuiltInLA's 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2019.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work here check us out on Glassdoor! Here's a link to our Glassdoor profile: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Criteria-EI_IE1146223.11,19.htm
What will I be doing?
- You will work as a player coach, getting your hands dirty with some of the QA work, while managing a small team of QA Analysts
- You will implement and refine a process within the QA Department, and interdepartmentally with Engineering and Product
- You will help design test cases that thoroughly test user stories, ensuring smooth releases
- You will work with the Engineering Team to identify opportunities to add to our suite of automated tests
- You will own the Bug Backlog, organizing and prioritizing issues, so Developers have all of the information required, while keeping stakeholders up to date on status
- You will own the Quality of our web applications, making sure processes are inline with industry trends, and designed to maintain and improve quality standards
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience working with a wide variety of disciplines and functions across a company
- Exceptional organizational skills to keep track of all of the test cases and bug reports
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to keep stakeholders up to date with the status of Bugs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to manage a team
- Exceptional attention to detail; you’re probably looking for bugs in this job description
What else will help me succeed?
- You have experience working with fast-growing Agile teams
- You have experience managing people and expectations
- You have some experience writing or implementing automated tests
- You have some experience with reporting functions
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts