London / Remote, London. United Kingdom
We’re looking for passionate Senior Software Engineers in Test with strong technical skills and in-depth knowledge of automation testing and “shifting left” to be able to transform the way we approach Quality at Curve. You will have the opportunity to drive new approaches, pioneer new technologies and help us standardise and improve the way we approach software development across the business.
At Curve, we believe that quality is a shared concern by the whole of the engineering team. Quality should be non-negotiable with any release, and should never be the lever that is pulled in order to “go faster”. Quality is a mindset, not a ticket status.
- Everyone is responsible for Quality, but you must be the evangelist. You are able to discover problems before they happen, and when they do happen design solutions to stop them happening again.
- Enable Engineering to deliver high quality software efficiently and productively through the delivery of tools, frameworks and observability.
- By being involved early in the development lifecycle for new features, you will be expected to work with the team to identify issues in software design, discover blockers, potential problems and dependencies before work starts.
- Deliver results and have a measurable impact. You will have the remit and expectation to try new things, measure progress and drive for improvements to how quality is approached.
- Guide the team on how to test, by teaching automation and testing best practices, highlighting the differences between all levels of the testing pyramid and when a type of testing is most appropriate.
- Working closely with Agile Delivery Managers, Product Managers and Customer Experience to represent Quality.
- In-depth knowledge of more than one software language. Golang is our main language, but otherwise PHP, Node.js, Java, C# or Python with a willingness to cross-train.
- Treat engineering as a craft, diligently applying practices such as TDD, refactoring, clean code (including SOLID, DRY, YAGNI) and pair programming.
- Contributed to building software that delights the customer, whilst making sure it is stable, performant, observable and supportable.
- Able to diagnose and triage problems at any level (Client, Network, Server, Database)
- Track record of coaching and mentoring others, and the ability to influence team members and stakeholders to your point of view
- Experience in implementing CI pipelines and automation, championing the benefits to others.
- Have played a key role in designing and implementing new technical strategies
- Experience of agile development practices, i.e. Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience of working with microservices; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms