Posted: 25th February 2019
Lead Test Automation Engineer (m/f/d)
Halle or Berlin, Saxony-Anhalt or Berlin. Germany
Working with the Senior Director of QA, you’ll be responsible for delivering QA automation across our internal projects. You’ll ensure automated acceptance test suites, performance monitoring, and CI jobs are implemented, maintained, and are being used to give consistent feedback on the health of our systems. You’ll be the subject matter expert of automation frameworks at Datameer.
You’ll mentor other members of the team, working on automation tasks, and monitoring the implementation and consistent use of the automation frameworks.
As a Lead Test Automation Engineer, your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop, publish, and execute a robust automation strategy across the organisation.
- Write and execute tests using automation frameworks.
- Write web performance tests and produce test reports.
- Implement cross-browser and device tests using automated tools.
- Deliver Acceptance Testing plans and oversee their execution.
- Mentor team members in automation.
- Estimate test efforts, and report on test progress.
- Develop a deep understanding of the systems, tools and architecture being delivered, and use this to ensure quality is maintained.
- Experience in testing service oriented architectures.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Extensive experience in Software Testing, ideally web applications.
- Experience in a senior/lead automation role with previous experience of implementing automation frameworks.
- Experience in load and performance test tools, preferably open-source/non-enterprise (e.g. Gatling, JMeter).
Expertise in the following technologies and tools:
- Hands on experience of Selenium/Capybara with Cucumber, Ruby
- Knowledge of REST APIs including HTTP principles, XML and JSON
- SQL, relational databases, HTML nd Linux based environments
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI test run jobs (we use Jenkins)
- Using version control to manage code (we use git).
- Experience of leading a test effort, and delivering within time and budget constraints.
- Used the Atlassian toolset (Jira/Confluence)
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, understands when issues need to be raised, and does so in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Naturally inquisitive, proactive, and keen to understand systems in order to find flaws, opportunities and defects.
- Willing and able to learn and use new technologies.
- Flexible and adaptable to working in a constantly changing technical environment.
- A team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who is effective at working independently and collaboratively.
- Smart, friendly, fun, collaborative, and goal oriented.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts