Posted: 8th April 2019
Test Automation Engineer / SDET
Berlin, Berlin. Germany
Working in the Test Automation Team, you’ll be responsible for delivering QA automation across our internal projects. You’ll ensure automated acceptance test suites, performance monitoring, and CI jobs are implemented, maintained, and are being used to give consistent feedback on the health of our systems. You’ll be the subject matter expert of automation frameworks at Datameer.
As Test Automation Engineer, your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop, publish, and execute a robust automation strategy across the organisation.
- Write and execute tests using automation frameworks.
- Write web performance tests and produce test reports.
- Implement cross-browser and device tests using automated tools.
- Deliver Acceptance Testing plans and oversee their execution.
- Develop a deep understanding of the systems, tools and architecture being delivered, and use this to ensure quality is maintained.
- Experience in testing service oriented architectures.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Extensive experience in Software Testing, ideally web applications.
- Experience in load and performance test tools, preferably open-source/non-enterprise (e.g. Gatling, JMeter).
- Hands on experience of Selenium/Capybara with Cucumber, Ruby
- Knowledge of REST APIs including HTTP principles, XML and JSON
- SQL, relational databases, HTML and Linux based environments
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI test run jobs (we use Jenkins).
- Using version control to manage code (we use git).
- Used the Atlassian toolset (Jira/Confluence)
It would be a definite bonus if you also have some experience of:
- ISTQB qualification
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, understands when issues need to be raised, and does so in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Naturally inquisitive, proactive, and keen to understand systems in order to find flaws, opportunities, and defects.
- Willing and able to learn and use new technologies.
- Flexible and adaptable to working in a constantly changing technical environment.
- A team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who is effective at working independently and collaboratively.
- Smart, friendly , fun, collaborative, and goal oriented
We are a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who’s who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts