Test Lead / Senior Tester
Emerald Publishing Group
Bingley, West Yorkshire. United Kingdom
Are you a Lead/Senior Tester with test automation & selenium experience?
Are you looking to take a leading position in an outstanding people who will use their expert skills to create these new and improved digital products, using modern technology and agile development methods?
The publishing industry is changing fast and we are responding by undergoing an exciting agile business and digital transformation to enable us to build digital products that put our global users at the centre of product development and delivery.
As a skilled Test Lead you will work as part of multidisciplinary agile scrum teams to comprehensively test the digital products and services being developed. Working in partnership with developers, product owners and a test manager to develop manual & automated test suites. You will implement a robust testing approach within sprint cycles, that will provide an effective level of assurance before regular releases.
As a Test Lead you will be required to
- Support the Test Manager in managing testing activities within an Agile environment
- Provide mentorship, support and technical experience to Test Analysts
- Contribute to overall testing strategy
- Contribute and challenge during Scrum/Planning sessions with regard to test strategy and effort estimation
- Validate the quality of software releases across Scrum teams
- Monitor the implementation and execution of test cases, test procedures and test suites
- Monitor and report on test progress to business stakeholders including the Test Manager
- Assist management with high level estimation and resource planning
Skills & Experience requirements:
- Expert in the field of testing – (ISTQB Test Practitioner level)
- Experience of working in a continuous integration environment, identifying and implementing agile testing techniques.
- Experience of leading testers across a number of scrum teams
- Experience of mentoring and coaching testers
- Experience of creating test strategies, test plans and test frameworks
- Experience using Selenium
- Experience in the following areas of testing; Performance, Security, API, User Interface and UI Accessibility
- SQL knowledge (intermediate)
- Familiarity with Jira and/or similar management tools
- Familiarity with BDD (and Gherkin)
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform emeraldinsight.com