Posted: 27th September 2019
Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
London, Greater London. United Kingdom
At Geckoboard we’re helping teams all around the world achieve their goals and making their data accessible. Right now, to help us achieve our goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer in Test to continue building the foundation that makes sure everyone on the team is confident about the code they’re shipping.
Testing isn’t an afterthought for us, it’s embedded in how we work: we currently make about 12 releases to production a day, passing CI each time. Our CI (continuous integration) includes unit tests, API tests and tests made via the UI. You'll be working through planning and execution alongside Developers, Designers and Product Managers to ensure we’re delivering great software to our customers.
We’re constantly innovating and experimenting, which means that we use the best technology for the job. So, the ability to learn and pick up new languages and technologies as we do is super important to your success in this role.
Day-to-day, you’ll be empowered to make decisions to help improve our test coverage, release velocity and production help.
As our Software Engineer in Test you will be someone who:
- Creates automated test frameworks and end-to-end integration tests as appropriate during the development process
- Maintain existing automated test suites and ensure that they are relevant, up-to-date and visible to the team at large
- Work with Software Engineers to identify edge cases and produce automated testing strategies for the project at hand
- Train team members in how to write high-quality automated tests to complement their manual efforts
- Continuously review product bugs and defects and put the appropriate automation in place to avoid their reoccurrence (partnering with Customer Success who will help triage bugs)
- Partake in pre-planning and planning sessions
- Test product refinements and new features
- Develop and maintain test charters and helping continually improve automation coverage
- Be aware of how our customers use Geckoboard, and use that knowledge to determine priorities and direction
- Suggest and introduce new tools and test processes that fit Geckoboard
You should apply if:
- You’ve tested web applications and APIs before
- You have experience with test automation
- You have strong debugging and problem solving skills
- You’re empathetic and a clear communicator
- You have a keen interest in Testing and enjoy learning
- You’re curious about new technologies and approaches
The role is based in our leafy London office and you will be asked to complete a short take-home exercise as part of the interview process.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts