Posted: 7th March 2019
Software Quality Engineer (SQA)
Worcester, Massachusetts. United States
Do you love breaking things and testing software, but feel like you aren't learning enough anymore? Looking to gain valuable experience working in an innovative, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software specializes in robotics and medical device software. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the testing throughout the product lifecycle for software development at Geisel Software. The key areas are test planning, developing test cases, executing tests, ad hoc testing, and verifying bug fixes. The SQE will work from requirements to create test cases and execute the tests per the schedule and functional needs of the products.
What we’re looking for:
- You're passionate about software quality.
- 3 or more years of experience testing software products.
- Some hands on SQE experience with products that include robotics, medical devices, custom hardware or emulators.
- Ability to work on a wide range of platforms and products including Linux, iOS, Android, and web/cloud.
- Experience using a source control system like git and a project tracking system like JIRA and per an Agile process.
- Experience creating, updating, and running test cases.
- Work with FDA regulated products is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a test plan for the life cycle of a software product.
- Highly proficient at finding and reporting defects and troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of defects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience working directly with clients is a plus.
- Good organization skills. Ability to prioritize, assess risk, and adjust accordingly.
- Self-starter and ability to take on complex or otherwise challenging tasks.
- Interest in defect prevention through process review and improvement.
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your work on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- Must be a U.S. Person (United States Citizen or Permanent Resident, i.e. Green Card Holder).
How to apply:
Send your resume to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a brief cover letter email explaining why you think you'd be a great fit at Geisel Software. Please include the position in the subject line.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts