Software Developer in Test
HP Wolf Securityhttp://www.jobs.hp.com
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. United Kingdom
We are looking for a Developer in Test to join the HP Wolf Security team in Cambridge. As a key member of the QA team, you'll be performing software test activities for our Threat Detection group. The position will largely involve automated testing, scripting and some manual testing as and when required. You’ll be helping assure the quality of our product as well as identifying any risks in our SDLC.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem investigation and technical communication skills. You’ll be detailed oriented, collaborative, and eager to learn. As you’ll be working alongside our Threat Intelligence team knowledge of, or an interest in, security vulnerabilities and techniques used by malware and hackers would be of benefit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our critical and ground-breaking cybersecurity team, perfect for someone who has proven commercial experience in a test role and has an enthusiasm for testing complex software. To find out more about what our team is working on, check out our technical blog: https://threatresearch.ext.hp.com/blog/.
- Plan, design and write automated tests for new and existing features and bug fixes
- Debug, troubleshoot and investigate issues uncovered during testing
- Converting C# test-code to Python
- Automated system testing
- Collaborating closely with DevOps and Developers to monitor and help maintain automated tests systems
- Maintenance of virtual test infrastructure and improving use of the same for automated testing
- Prior experience of working in a professional software QA team
- Scripting/programming experience in a commercial capacity, ideally in test automation (Python / PowerShell / C#)
- Knowledge of a source control system (GIT) and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Understanding of modern OS
Bromium was acquired by HP Inc on 19 September 2019. Ordinarily, you will either work from our offices in Cambridge, UK or on a hybrid basis splitting your time between the office and remote working. Due to COVID-19 you may work from home full time initially. HP promote flexible working and offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Strictly no agencies
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms