Posted: 23rd July 2019
Senior Software Test Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to develop your career working within our software test team, writing and maintaining manual and automated test scripts for both system and regression testing.
About the Role
HUBER+SUHNER Polatis is the world leader in the design and manufacture of energy-efficient, all-optical switching solutions that connect optical fibres directly to make networks more flexible, agile and reliable.
Working independently within a small software test team you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and take different approaches to find solutions.
You will work independently within a small software test team, participating in software release planning in addition to monitoring and reporting on test coverage, as well as presenting test data to support the release process. With a duality of focus, this role has the extra advantage of giving you scope to mentor less experienced members of the team, in addition to being the conduit for ensuring information and best practice is shared with other areas of the business.
As an effective self-starter with clear communication skills you are always able and willing to justify your opinions, but you also comprehend the need to ask for help, at the appropriate time.
So, if you naturally polish and perfect your work, scrutinising it for errors, subjecting it to the highest standards of control; and truly believe that perfection is a road, not a destination; then come and work for us.
By way of background you will need to have the following experience:-
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- Approximately 5-8 years’ experience in a software development environment, with an emphasis on using Linux
- Familiarity with the complete design cycle from requirements capture through to release and maintenance
- A high level of scripting skills (e.g. – shell, python)
- Software version control, including branched releases
- Test case development experience using embedded software (not Mobile)
- Exposure to Test Automation using Jenkins CI or similar
- ‘hands on’ Hardware experience - finding hardware faults through software.
Some knowledge of interfaces such as RESTCONF, NETCONF, OpenFlow, SNMP, TL1, SCPI, Mantis BT, git, subversion or cvs would be an advantage but is not essential.
About HUBER+SUHNER Polatis
We offer a friendly and informal work environment in a prime location on the Cambridge Science Park, a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits including private health care, a generous non-contributory pension scheme, health shield cash back plan, and cycle to work scheme.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts