Posted: 6th April 2019
Bengaluru, Karnataka. India
Locus is a global decision- making platform in the supply chain that uses deep learning and proprietary algorithms to provide route optimization, real-time tracking, insights and analytics, beat optimization, efficient warehouse management, vehicle allocation and utilization, intuitive 3D packing and measurement of packages. Locus automates human decisions required to transport a package or a person, between any two points on earth, delivering gains along efficiency, consistency, and transparency in operations.
Locus was started by Nishith Rastogi and Geet Garg, two ex-Amazon engineers on a mission to democratize logistics intelligence for businesses across industries. Nishith was profiled by Forbes Asia in their ’30 Under 30’ 2018 list. Geet, on the other hand, holds a dual degree (BTech and MTech) in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology. Our team constitutes of engineers from Indian Institute of Technology and Birla Institute of Technology & Science- Pilani, and Data Scientists with PhDs from Carnegie Mellon University and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Our multifaced product and business team is led by senior members from Barclays, Google & Goldman Sachs with immense operational execution experience.
Office Location - http://where.locus.sh
Job Description :
- Thoroughness/attention to detail - should be able to figure out bugs outside happy cases
- Description - should be able to describe bugs with reasonable verbosity essential to recreate them
- Judgement - should be able to give right severity
- Ownership - ensuring bugs are addressed before release. Being proactive in QA.
- Tech depth - understand tech nuances in the field of QA. Eg - a web QA should understand if the bug is in backend or frontend
- Speed at which bugs are found need to be good but this comes last in priority.
The primary responsibility is to make Locus web & mobile app robust. Depending on your comfort level with automation & your preference (backend, frontend, mobile app), you could choose your area of working.
- Speed matters & trumps everything else. Need to be very thorough with his/her choice of tech (Rest Assured, Appium, Robotium, Selenium, Cucumber - one of these)
- Code quality - comes close 2nd.
- In case of time constraint should be open to switch to manual QA. But should proactively ask for time to automate them once the urgency to release has passed.
- Should be able to identify happy path cases & automate them without much guidance.
Prior working knowledge with a non propriety automation tool is a plus. Except for Selenium which looks like everybody out there knows :). If you have worked with something like Cucumber, Appium or some other similar tool, you are welcome to apply.
2-6 years of QA/non-hardcore-dev experience
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts