Senior QA Engineer
Remote, Remote. United Kingdom
SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF FOOD WASTE
OLIO is the world’s only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and our mission is to solve the problem of food waste in the home & local community, at scale. We do this by connecting anyone with spare food – which can be households or food businesses – with neighbours living nearby who would like it. Globally, over one third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1 trillion; and in a country like the UK half of all food waste takes place in the home. OLIO solves this problem with our award-winning mobile & web app.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
To help take OLIO to the next level in growth and impact, we’re recruiting for a Senior QA Engineer to grow the skillset of our technology team so that we can continue to improve our products, serve our customers and save the planet. The Senior QA Engineer will work as part of a cross functional team alongside developers, designers and product, and will report to the team’s engineering manager.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a QA role model, mentoring and coaching other testers in the technology team
- Working with other QA engineers to develop standards, best practises and guidelines.
- Leading the definition of test plans and reporting bugs
- Helping the Engineering Manager to define the QA strategy
- Continuously looking for ways to improve and evolve QA processes
- Foster good working relationships with teammates, and stakeholders
- Increasing our automated regression coverage collaborating with developers in your team
- Writing test automation using WebDriverIO, Cucumber, BrowserStack and Appium
- Testing the OLIO mobile and web apps
- Writing API tests
- Helping to manage and improve our deployments and CI pipelines on Travis
IS THIS YOU?
Our ideal candidate will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are! In addition to this, you will have the following attributes:
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android including responsive devices testing
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- A passion for testing, continuously looking to improve your own knowledge and skills
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to have
- Knowledge of accessibility testing would be a big plus
- Familiarity with React Native mobile applications
- Experience working with CI/CD tools
All OLIO team members share these qualities:
- Mission obsessed
- Self-starters with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Resourceful and creative
- Thorough, but able to move quickly and decisively
- A ruthless ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Fun to work with ☺
At OLIO we boast a diverse team, with individuals of 18 nationalities, as well as a strong LGBT+ presence (21%) and an age range from early 20s to 45+. We're committed to keep this going as we grow, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms