Software Quality Advocate
Remote, Remote. United States
REMOTE US OR NYC /
ENGINEERING – QUALITY /
Olo seeks a Software Quality Advocate to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll support a smart, passionate development team dedicated to delivering amazing products, within a quality engineering group that is committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality. You’ll also contribute to our group’s cross-team initiatives that amplify our impact.
Quality Advocates at Olo do more than test. We also partner with Software Engineers in Test to implement a comprehensive quality approach within our development teams.
This is a full-time position. We support remote work from anywhere in the U.S.
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinating cross-team test initiatives with QE staff on other teams. Teamwork is how we roll at Olo.
- Reporting on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components...metrics are cool!
- Implementing creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development.
- Representing the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development.
- Collaborating with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases.
- Analyzing complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns
- Articulating clear, concise test strategies with a bit of flair
- Providing clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments.
- Partnering with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to a team's unique needs.
- Offering creative solutions in a rapidly evolving environment.
What We'll Expect From You
- You've got strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts. Examples get you bonus points!
- You love software testing and thrive on making software better
- You could write a strong test case in your sleep
- Identifying appropriate heuristics is always a part of your test strategy
- Server logs, database queries and deploying code do not scare you
- You've got a technical degree or comparable industry experience
- You've been in an agile testing role, with a track record of success
- You thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment and take initiative to solve problems
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approach with developers
- You can write test documentation that is easily understandable and receives praise from co-workers
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms