Software Developer In Test
Haywards Heath / London / Remote, South East / Remote. United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary engineering team of UI Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Testers, primarily utilising React, Node, Typescript (for both), and a serverless event-driven architecture hosted on AWS. Automation is at the forefront of our approach to testing, but we understand the need for manual and exploratory testing as part of the process.
What you will do:
- Work in an agile environment, being involved in stand-ups, planning, refinement, retros etc.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated testing tools and strategies.
- Develop end-to-end automation scripts using Cypress and Cucumber.
- Create API tests using Postman and Newman.
- Develop performance tests using k6.
- Integrate automated tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Business Analysts to help define business requirements.
- Work closely with QA Analysts and Developers to help define test plans, ensuring automation is considered and test coverage is met.
- Continuously look for ways to improve and evolve testing processes.
What are we looking for in you:
- Experience as a SDET or similar role
- Experience writing automation scripts, preferably using Cypress
- Experience writing performance tests using k6 or similar tools
- Experience testing APIs using Postman or similar tools
- Experience with Git for version control
- Experience with applying test automation in CI/CD
- Experience testing a serverless event-driven application would be beneficial
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Are passionate about testing, continuously looking to improve your own knowledge and skills
We do not currently offer sponsorship. Please apply if you are eligible to work within the UK.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms