Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
Stockport, Manchester. United Kingdom
Junior Quality Analyst
Scale 6 (£25,419 to £27,514)
37 Hours, Full Time
Office location: Stockport
Office location: Stockport
Mixture of office based and home working
We’re looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst with understanding of modern testing and development techniques, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to learn.
Taking a collaborative and constructive approach you will advise on, help deliver and advocate for the development of high quality, well tested digital solutions.
You’ll be working with, supporting, and developing our current QA and development communities in a progressive, supportive, multi-disciplinary team using agile practices.
We are looking for a forward-thinking individual with an aptitude for learning new skills. We are expecting applicants with variety of experiences that you can use when working through problems and a determination to get things right. If you can demonstrate:
- a general understanding of software development and the software lifecycle
- passion for starting a career as a Quality Assurance analyst
- a proactive, positive ‘can do’ attitude
- a logical approach to working through problems
- you are an analytical thinker with the confidence to ask questions
- excellent attention to detail
- strong organisational skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- effective at building and maintaining professional relationships
Then we would like to hear from you.
As a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work closely with our senior QA, developers, tech leads and clients, whilst you are at Stockport Council you will become proficient in:
- reviewing business requirements and writing test plans
- writing test cases
- working with other members of the team to write story cards
- reviewing test coverage and test quality
- hands testing of functional and non-functional requirements
- creating and managing bug reports
Whatever your background we are looking for a passion for technology, software and quality. More importantly you will develop skills and experience to switch between understanding the overall objectives of an application and be happy to spend time analysing the details that make good software work well.
Additional benefits include:
- agile working environment
- up to 27 days holiday
- flexible working and flexi-time scheme
- career progression opportunities
- employee discounts
- membership of local government pension scheme
- training and conference opportunities
If you would like to find out more about the role please contact Jonathan Hadley on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the role.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms