Posted: 6th March 2019
Software Engineer in Test - C++ Infrastructure
The MathWorks Ltd.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. United Kingdom
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
Join our high-energy team of Software Engineers in Test focused on ensuring the quality of modern C++ libraries and our service-based framework upon which many MathWorks products are built. If you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving challenging problems, this position is for you.
The Software Engineer in Test participates in development of new product features from early planning and design stages through final release, working closely with counterparts in the Engineering, Documentation, and Technical Support departments. Ideal candidates are team players demonstrating organization, an eye for detail, strong communication skills and a commitment to getting things done.
- Review design and code of product features, automated tests and testing infrastructure
- Create test plans for new product features
- Design and build automated test suites
- Maintain and evolve testing infrastructure
- Perform hands-on product testing
- Diagnose and report bugs
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related area
- Experience with object-oriented programming (preferably, C++)
- Familiarity with microservices, web services, networking, or containerization would be beneficial
- Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus
- Test automation experience is a plus
- Hands on experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Ability to multi-task, triage issues, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts