Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
London, London. United Kingdom
Tray's backend infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. The Front-End is a complex application powered by React. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Tray, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure. We expect you to build flexible services and tooling which allows Tray to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
While QA Engineers work within our cross-functional teams (we call them Squads), our SDETs provide the tools, frameworks and infrastructure so that Squads can seamlessly create reliable, maintainable tests. They are experts in test architecture, devops and automation. SDETs are key contributors to ensuring our Tray platform meets our very high quality standards at all levels, enabling the ways to push it to even higher grounds. They work for one of the several functional areas of our platform, each covered by multiple Squads.
What you will do
- Take a consultative approach to improving our current Automation coverage, working and pairing with Engineers to improve coverage and automated test approach
- Maintain and expand our existing test frameworks and their underlying infrastructure.
- Develop our internal tools and frameworks to improve test coverage and approach
- Supports and pairs with Engineers to improve automation coverage
- Contribute to product decisions
- Solid experience with testing frontend and backend of web applications throughout the entire software development cycle
- Experience with Node.js UI test automation (e.g WebdriverIO, Selenium)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, and Shell scripting
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git)
Beyond the technicals, you would be:
- An active team player who is willing to help others and acts in a committed and reliable way
- Curious and enjoy working with others
- Not afraid to ask and provide your input
- Proactive, detail-oriented person with a positive attitude
- Passionate about programming and testing
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms