Software Test Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear. United Kingdom
Waters Corporation is currently looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our Newcastle Upon Tyne team. We work in a collaborative, agile environment. Developers, testers, product owners and scientists are all integrated into the team. We use agile development practices and try to learn from our mistakes. Team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
This role offers an opportunity to test and evaluate software solutions that have a meaningful impact on the world:
- Waters leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments for cancer, COVID-19, and other diseases.
- Waters helps ensure the quality & safety of food, water, and other drinks.
- Waters helps drive innovation in new materials.
- Waters helps drive innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics, and latest consumer electronics.
What can we offer you?
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Remote working options are available. We're looking for people within commutable distance from Newcastle upon Tyne; flexible work-from-home is the norm.
- Understand the customer requirements.
- Design, create, execute, and maintain test cases covering all aspects of the software.
- Work in close partnership with software developers to improve product quality.
- Perform exploratory tests on early-stage code.
- Perform usability, functional, performance, exploratory and acceptance testing as the situation and product demands.
- Provide test cases, feature files and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes.
- Advise the team about overall risks and trends.
- Seek opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Proven software testing experience.
- Experience of planning, estimating, and scheduling of testing activities.
- Passionate about software testing which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- Experience in BDD is desirable, but not essential.
- A team player who can work in a collaborative environment.
- Good communication and decision-making skills.
- The ability to take the initiate, move tasks forward, and get things done.
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms