(Senior) QA Automation Engineer - Backend
Berlin, (Not Applicable). Germany
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department, we are looking for an experienced (Senior) QA Automation Engineer.
In this new department at Wooga, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded within the Backend Engineering team that is responsible for the shared game backend platform used by all Wooga games. Additionally, you will work on cross-team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices and implement frameworks to continually improve the quality of our products. Leveraging your experience in automated testing, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and providing performance targets are exceeded.
About the role:
- You will implement the QA automation strategy, through increased automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games
- Your particular focus will be on extending End-to-End and Integration Testing for our backend APIs
- You will work on defining test strategies for complex features as well as performance and regression testing
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle
- You will advocate for automated testing and overall software quality, collaborating closely with development teams and our parent company's QA automation competence center
- You have several, at least 3 (for Senior 7+) years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role)
- You have a proven track record with automated End-to-End testing of complex backend systems
- You have strong coding skills and years of experience in multiple programming or scripting languages
- You have experience with testing in a microservice environment and integrating into CI pipelines
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise to help teams implement the best testing practices
- You are familiar with several backend test automation frameworks and tools
- You are familiar with contract testing
- You have an insatiable curiosity about how complex systems work
- You are familiar with functional programming and the Elixir ecosystem (ExUnit, Phoenix, Ecto)
- Experience with CI pipelines driven by TeamCity and Docker will be considered as a plus
- You are passionate for games and have a demonstrable understanding of the mobile game industry and gaming trends.
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms