(Senior) QA Automation Engineer - Frontend
Berlin, (Not Applicable). Germany
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department, we are looking for an experienced (Senior) QA Automation Engineer.
In this new department at Wooga, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded within a game team on one of our hit story-driven casual games. Additionally, you will work on cross-team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices and continually implement frameworks to improve our products' quality. Leveraging your automated testing experience, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and providing performance targets are exceeded.
About the role:
- You will implement the QA automation strategy, through increased automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games
- Your special focus will be on implementing Automated End-to-End Testing for game features and regression tests
- Your contribution will be crucial in transforming manual testing into automated testing, together with game engineers
- You will build and own the automation testing framework that you and other engineers will develop automated tests for new features and live operations
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle.
- You will advocate for automated testing and overall software quality, collaborating closely with development teams and our parent company's QA automation competence center
- You have several, at least 3 (for Senior 7+) years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role)
- You have worked with the unity game engine, know its fundamental architecture and how to implement features with C#
- You have experience with automated game testing
- You have experience writing unit and integration tests using frameworks such as NUnit, or others
- You know how automated build pipelines and continuous integration systems are set up and how to integrate test automation
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience to help teams implement the best testing practices
- You are familiar with several test automation frameworks and tools (Cypress, Selenium, Puppeteer, API / Contract testing frameworks or other)
- You have an insatiable curiosity about how complex systems work
- You have a passion for games
Jobs Digest Email:
Sign up to weekly job alerts
By clicking "Subscribe" you agree to be contacted by us under these Mailing List Terms