With a successful TestBash Netherlands and London Tester Gathering Workshops all done and dusted, it should be time to relax in the summer sun. But we can’t just sit around when there is so much awesome learning to share with you all!
A few selected discussions from The Club that we thought you might find interesting.
- What are you favourite software testing tools? posted by rosie. We all use tools to help us with our jobs, what tools do you use and which ones are your favourite?
- What does testing mindset mean to you? What’s your tester mindset? posted by testerawesome. As testers, we don't all have one or the same mindset which is our super power.
- What are your career goals? posted by froberts. Upskilling, mentoring, reading, meetups and more, what are your career goals?
- Test Case Management Tools? posted by kyewayy. It can be overwhelming looking at the list of options and capabilities out there!
- How would you test a data warehouse? posted by nufenix. With data and reports on that data continuing to grow, it's important that we know how to test them.
The Club Ninja
Each month we select one of our Club users to be our Ninja of the Month. Our Club Ninja this month is Ady Stokes.
TestBash Brighton 2020, The Year Feels Very Futuristic!
In 2020, TestBash Brighton will be our first testing conference of the year. And as always, we listen to your feedback, make tweaks and are improving as each year passes.
For June, our TestBash Netherlands videos came in hot off the press and our podcast Testers’ Island Discs podcast came back. So find yourself a sun lounger, put up your feet and check out what we have released for you this month:
An insightful AMA from Sauce Lab’s very own Marcus Merrell on Shift Left, Shift Right. The Shift Left/Shift Right movements, are much more than mere buzzwords, seek to "smooth out" the big testing hump that blocks releases, moving testing resources earlier and later in the SDLC.
All the Talks from TestBash Netherlands:
Risks from Human Factors in Highly Automated Systems - Andrew Brown
The Illusion of Control - Drew Pontikis
Growing Your Magical Creatures - Vera Gehlen-Baum & Beren van Daele
Constructing an API Testing Framework - Joep Schuurkes
A Testers View on the Challenges of an Agile Transformation - Gitte Ottosen
The Skill of Continuous Testing - Jitesh Gosai
From Having a Mentor to Gaining an Ally - Anne Colder & Vincent Wijnen
Testing in the Dark - Ben Simo
99 Second Talks - TestBash Netherlands 2019
Ministry of Testing Meetups Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle got together to share the learning fun by having two excellent talks streamed to all the meetups at once. Don’t worry if you weren’t there, you can still catch them on the links below:
Why Developers Suck At Testing and How You Can Help Them - David Christiansend
Modern Testing Principles - Brent Jensen
Testers' Island Discs Ep25 - A New Castaway Arrives! After a great deal of exploring the island, hence the absence, Neil has found a new castaway host for the island: DojoBoss Mark Winteringham (By stealing his boat!). But before Neil leaves, he has one last podcast to share with Mark in this special episode of Testers’ Island Discs.
Finally, Elizabeth Hurley shared her experiences of her first time at TestBash San Francisco in her illuminating article, The TestBash San Francisco Experience: A First Timer’s Report
June Online Events
When we are exploratory testing, our brains are working on multiple tasks and on multiple levels. One of the things we are constantly doing is to make the decision of what to do next, based on what we’ve just seen. And yet, when someone asks us how we knew what to do, we don’t often have a good answer.
Let me introduce you to “microheuristics”. Join the Masterclass on the 16th July at 8pm UK Time.
Just a quick sneak peek at what events are coming up in the next few months
- TestBash Germany - 2 days - Thursday 12th - Friday 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2 days - Wednesday 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 1 day - Friday 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 2 days - Thursday 24th - Friday 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 1 day - Tuesday 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 2 days - Wednesday 6th - Thursday 7th November 2019
Lets keep in touch. Subscribe to our Newsletter