September RoundUp of All Things MoT
TestBash season is in full swing with 6 TestBash software testing conferences taking place over a 3 month period. So you can imagine all the mayhem, fun, learning and bonding going on.
A few selected discussions from The Club that we thought you might find interesting.
- Masterclass Further Discussion: Onboarding testers: Growing your new hire posted by heather_reid. A great discussion about onboarding continued after our most recent masterclass ended, join in!
- Alt Attribute for Image Element posted by srinivasskc. An interesting discussion about adding Alt attributes and item descriptions for 100000+ items on a site.
- What’s the best testing advice you’ve ever heard? posted by rosie. As we're drawing into longer nights and colder weather, it seems like the best time to raise our spirits with some of the best advice we've ever heard.
- Help with trying out DevOps? posted by nufenix. Trying to move towards DevOps can be tricky, especially with a legacy product, check out the advice so far.
- What is the role of test manager? posted by testerawesome. Do you have or need test managers and if so, what are you looking for from them?
The Club Ninja
Each month we select one of our Club users to be our Ninja of the Month. Our Club Ninja this month is Kate Paulk.
Better Than Eurovision: TestBash is Back in the Netherlands!
2019 smashed all of our expectations in Utrecht and we’re sure 2020 will be no different. We’ve taken all of the attendee feedback on board and we’ve got 2 new and better venues this time, plus some extra surprises.
Here are all the new things on the Dojo from September including all the talks from TestBash Germany 2019, some great articles, and a new Masterclass webinar recording:
All the talks from TestBash Germany 2019
99 Second Talks - TestBash Germany 2019
Speaker AMA - The 99 Second Edition
(Mis)Using Personas with the Seven Dwarfs - Cassandra H. Leung
When to Say No to Automation - Jack Taylor
A Tester’s Survival Guide for Agile Transition - Parveen Khan
Dude, Why You Don't Test UX? - Greta Ruškienė
Rebooting Your Career and Your Life - Ciprian Balea
Let's Make Our Customers Happy! - Rohit Singhal
Qualitative Risk-Based Test Reporting - Nancy Kelln
An unmissable Masterclass with AJ Larson: Onboarding testers - Growing your new hire - Onboarding is a painful process in just about any industry. In this Masterclass we explored the potential of training materials, pair testing, strengthening the team culture, and how to help our testing disciples know the product almost as well as we do.
Some great new articles in the Testing Planet 2019:
A Software Tester’s Guide To Influence by Kwesi Peterson - Learning these skills will not just benefit you in a work context, but will enrich your communities, your relationships, and even your personal health.
An Introduction To The Automation Test Wheel by Kristin Jackvoy - We've all heard of the Automation Pyramid, Kristin has thought about how to incorporate all test types into a traditional testing workflow, coming up with an Automation Test Wheel.
October Online Events
Testing Ask Me Anything - Mobile Testing - Daniel Knott
In this live Ask Me Anything, you can ask Daniel every question about mobile testing and why mobile testing can be different and more challenging compared to non-mobile testing. Register now, ask your question in the Ask A Question section and upvote any questions you'd like to see answered.
Just a quick sneak peek at what events are coming up in the next few months
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Mobile Testing - Daniel Knott - 1hour - 8pm UK Time 8th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 2 days - Thursday 24th - Friday 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 1 day - Tuesday 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 2 days - Wednesday 6th - Thursday 7th November 2019
- TestBash Brighton - 2 days - Thursday 26th - Friday 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit 2020 - 2 days - Thursday 23rd - Friday 24th April 2020
- TestBash Netherlands 2020 - 2 days - Thursday 28th - Friday 29th May 2020