tl;dr : TestBash NL will be back on May 23rd and 24th 2019. Please submit your workshops or talks by Sunday, October 14th.
We are very excited to announce that TestBash, our conference for software testing, is coming back to the Netherlands for the third time!
In 2017 and 2018 we had around 200 people enjoy the great atmosphere of TestBash Netherlands in Utrecht. Previous TestBashes in Utrecht have followed a simple yet appreciated format - a training day (or two) followed by the single track conference day delivered by speakers from the community and who also love testing. We’d love to do it all again!! We are coming back in Spring 2019 and we need you to submit your talk or workshop proposal.
Rosie says we can’t promise you the sun, but I’m an optimist!
What we can promise you is a community led, single track software testing focused conference, with training and talks from practising software testers (or developers, or managers, or designers!) with plenty of opportunities to participate as an introvert or extrovert at our meetups, lean coffee or our famous 99 second talks.
Since we simply love the venue, we are going back to the friendly and cosy 19th-century historic venue, Boothstraat 7 in Utrecht on Thursday and Friday 23rd and 24th May 2019. Mark this in your schedule now!
Come and participate in TestBash Netherlands 2019
TestBash Netherlands would not happen without you. We are looking for training and talk submissions. Experience is not essential, in fact, we would love to hear new software testing voices.
So if you’re interested in presenting at TestBash Netherlands get submitting now. We’re looking for talks of no more than 30-45 minutes, plus full day training courses for the Thursday.
You can go ahead and submit your abstracts right away using our continuous call for papers form. The deadline for being considered for TestBash Netherlands 2019 is midnight on Sunday, October 14th. If you’ve already submitted an abstract and selected “Doesn't matter where, I'm in”, your abstract is already in the mix!
We Say No To Pay To Speak
From the start, we have believed that no one should feel unable to speak at a conference. We have always covered all speakers expenses at all TestBashes, no questions asked. We do go further than that though. We can help and guide accepted speakers through the nerve-racking process of presenting. And if there are any other challenges you may have, just mention it and we will see what we can do to help you.
Here is the short version of what TestBash offers:
- This shouldn’t need listing, but of course, it includes entry to the conference and the workshops.
- Pay all reasonable travel costs. Including flights, buses, trains, taxis, ferries, car mileage, parking and of course your accommodation, no matter where you are located in the world, our expense policy is not capped.
- Generally, we ask you to book your own travel and reimburse you after the conference upon proof of costs such as a digital copy of receipts/invoices.
- We aim to reimburse you within two weeks of getting your receipts
- If paying such costs in advance is problematic for you, or you have any special needs or requests, the event organiser for that TestBash will be more than happy to help you with your travel arrangements.
The above applies to all speakers, so if doing a paired talk, both speakers would be entitled to the above. You can find more information on our Speakers Expenses Policy.
We’d appreciate if you could share this, so we have as many abstracts as possible to build a sunny and shiny program.
All the best,
Ninja at TestBash Netherlands
Lets keep in touch. Subscribe to our Newsletter