This newsletter is kindly supported by BrowserStack!
BrowserStack's 5-part miniseries Summer of Learning brings you practical sessions on Selenium, test automation, continuous testing at scale, parallelization, and testing for a mobile-first market.
Testing and the Community
- Community Stories: To Shift Left, Start Right - Some simple changes that made a massive difference.
- MoT Podcast - Adam Meets Mark Abrahams and Geoffrey van der Tas - They discuss Microservices, Performance Testing and Resilience Testing, as well as, their upcoming workshop from TestBash.
- TestBash X is Moving to October 2020 and is going to be SPOOK-TACULAR - We’ve had to take another very difficult but needed decision, to postpone our brand new TestBash X.
- Automation Daily - Post Your Questions - Richard is answering all your automation questions.
- Advice needed: What to learn after knowing basics of JS for test automation - What would you recommend?
- The CI build is not a Christmas tree - Time to address some "flaky" tests?
- Would Heu-Risk It? Part 26: The Inconceivable - Ah those edge cases.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Overcoming Cognitive Dissonance: How to Effectively Deliver Unbelievable Test Results - 1 hour - 8pm UK Time - 14th April 2020
- TestBash Home - 30th April 8pm UK Time - 1st May 9pm UK Time
- TestBash Manchester - 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Test.bash(); Manchester - 2nd October 2020
- TestBash Netherlands - 15th - 16th October 2020
- TestBashX Edinburgh - 30th October 2020
- TestBash New Zealand - 16th - 17th November 2020
- What is the best UI automation tool to use? - Context is key.
- The Computer Is Always Right - Interesting problem with this Cucumber scenario.
- Cypress tips #4: Testing lists of items - Useful if you're investigating Cypress.
- Web Element Locator Strategies: CSS Selectors - Good basic info to help you understand.
- Writing VR automation with Unium - Do you do VR Testing?
- Contract Testing with Pact.js and Jest - Let's look at using Pact to show how you can write a contract test.
- How to Localize Your Date Picker - Most localization efforts focus on language, but there's more to change than the text on a page.
- Hybrid, Native, and PWAs: Testing your mobile apps for compatibility - Mobile fragmentation affects all apps—some more than others.
- Integrating Automation into the Manual Testing Process - Ensure there is a seamless integration of automation into the existing testing process.
- Top 5 Cross Platform Mobile Development Frameworks - Interesting comparison.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- Joao Proenca - Quality Owner at Outsystems Episode 6 - Joao talks about being a Quality Owner, how it came about, how he uses Riskstorming and the fact that change takes time.
- ABT 343 – Yuliya Bagriy (aviskase) - Talking about her path into testing, a bit about her new role, and the origin of the alias, ‘aviskase’ – which includes a tangent on how she broke Postman.
- Episode 718 - Tightening Identity Management In A Remote Workforce - Remote workers are challenging to manage and track from an IT and Security perspective.
- From Manual Testing to Continuous Testing with Jorge Luis Castro Toribio - Sharing his experience and some tips to do just that.
- Bugs that let sites hijack Mac and iPhone cameras fetch $75k bounty - Here's how one researcher bypassed stringent restrictions Apple puts on webcam access.
- The Best Security Key for Multi-Factor Authentication - Have you ever used a physical security key?
- A Message to Our Users - A message from Zoom regarding known issues.
- First Online Meetup! - Kuala Lumpur
- Movie Night - Don’t Think So Close To Me - James Bach - Auckland
- The MoTrix: Cognitive Biases- Thinking Outside the Box with Lisa Crispin - Online