This newsletter is kindly supported by BrowserStack!
Cross browser testing for every team
Test your website or app across 2,000+ real browsers and devices. Replicate issues, validate key user flows, test new features and deliver great user experiences with manual testing on BrowserStack for Teams.
All Things Ministry of Testing
The latest news, along with recent Dojo additions, events and interesting Club posts.
- Why is it important to keep mobile tests inside the native development framework? - Jas shares his experience with native mobile frameworks of two of the most popular mobile OS and why you should give it a try.
- Getting started with Chaos Engineering - Simon Aronsson can help you get to grips with chaos engineering.
- HolidayBash: The Schedule is Live! - Our first-ever HolidayBash is fast approaching and it’s time to start planning your custom experience around all of the options we have available.
- A Guide to Usability - Melissa Fisher's recent Masterclass recording is available. Understand usability and get some key takeaways to help you bake it in from the start.
- 5 Steps to Design Apps with Keyboard Accessibility in Mind - The use of a keyboard is not just for the visually impaired so it's important to design apps with keyboard accessibility in mind.
- HolidayBash: 99-Second Lockdown Limbo - You’ve heard of 99-second talks but what about 99-Second limbo?
- What to Include in a Release Checklist? - What are some essential things you’d add to a release checklist if you were starting one? Some interesting answers so far on The Club.
This newsletter is also kindly supported by Applitools
🛍Applitools Holiday Shopping Hackathon!🛍
Have your eye on an MoT Pro Dojo account? Well, look no more! Use our Eyes instead by completing our visual testing hackathon. Learn to use AI to enhance your test automation scripts and enter for a chance to win one of 50 prizes including 15 Dojo accounts.
Community News & Podcasts
We've spent time picking out posts from our blog & podcast feeds that we think would be useful to you. You can always check out the feeds if you want more.
- Getting Started with API Specification Languages - Explore some of the different specification languages that are in common use.
- Cunning Strategies for Getting out of a Testing Rut - One of the things you’ve probably noticed when you’ve been software testing for a while, is that your brain starts to settle into some established ways of thinking about the software you’re testing.
- Episode 874 - What Happens To Your Data When A Company Closes - This episode talks about another breach for a misconfigured S3 bucket.
- Why you should look into Chaos Engineering with Ana Medina - How do your systems react to this chaos? How can you test for this? And how can you make your systems more resilient against this chaos? Listen to this podcast to find out.
99-Minute Workshops - November & December
Find out what time the workshops are happening in your time zone by clicking on a workshop.
- Exploring Quality - Join Dan Ashby at 12pm UK Time - 23rd November
- Introduction to Creating Test Strategies - Join Huib Schoots at 6pm UK Time - 25th November
- Uncovering the Power of Browser DevTools - Join Butch Mayhew at 6pm UK Time - 2nd December
- An Introduction to SQL for Testers - Join Lee Marshall at 11pm UK Time - 3rd December
- Leading a Test Automation Strategy - Join Dana Aonofriesei at 12pm UK Time - 7th December
- Exploring Requirements with a Tester’s Mindset - Join Janet Gregory at 6pm UK Time - 9th December
- Property-based Testing in Java - Join Mike Solomon at 6am UK Time - 11th December
- RiskStorming Online - Join Beren Van Daele at 12pm UK Time - 14th December
- How to Solve Integration Issues with Contract Testing - Join Roman Segador at 6pm UK Time - 16th December
Posts selected from our business feed
- A Beginners’ Guide to Manual Cross-Browser Testing - What you need to know about manual cross-browser testing.
- New Tricks in Selenium 4 - Covering some details about the new tricks and capabilities that Selenium 4 offers.
- Programming Languages Aspiring Technical Testers Need to Learn - There are numerous programming languages, and it is hard to keep up with all of them.
- Have you heard of “flaky tests”? - Let’s understand the typical reasons why tests are flaky/intermittent.
Upcoming MoT Events
- Masterclass: Explore the Unknown with Exploratory Testing - 8pm UK time - 24th November 2020
- HolidayBash - 4th - 5th December 2020
- Testing Ask Me Anything - Accessibility - 8pm UK Time - 8th December 2020
Things You Might Have Missed
Articles and posts on Security, Accessibility and Automation from around the web.
- Your first attempt at making anything accessible will be awful - But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Even awful is better than 98 % of what other people are doing.
- Some Apple Apps on macOS Big Sur Bypass Content Filters, VPNs - If you're an Apple user or know someone who is, there are some pretty big security concerns with the latest update.
- Zoom rolls out security enhancements to stop zoombombing trolls - With their platform reaching over 300 million users worldwide, it's great to see Zoom taking more security measures to protect them.
- Claire Reckless - A Shy Persons Guide to Speaking Up - Online, Bucks
- Automating for Fun: Hackathon Challenges Review - Online, Vilnus
- Software Testing in Abu Dhabi #3: Online Meetup - Online Abu Dhabi