The Testing Planet has landed

You may have seen traces of the printed version of The Testing Planet.  It was recently launched at the London Tester Gathering.  Followed by swiftly posting them out to people who had purchased copies, contributors and contributing members.  If you think you should be getting a copy hang in there.  We’re getting into the hang of this publishing business and learning how much effort it takes to produce, package, promote and post The Testing Planet.

It’s been a great experience pulling this edition together.  We pulled out all the stops to make it more professional – new brand, new logo, fun images and of course – great content.

There is definitely something special in creating a printed version.  Hopefully those who have hard copies will voucher for its lovely-ness.  In the next few weeks Rob and I will catch up to see how the newspaper has gone down and how we decide to move forward.  If we are to continue doing the newspaper, both digital and printed, we need to find a way to make it work financially.

If you’d like to help and be supportive of STC, all we ask is that you read it and pass it on to as many people as possible.  Spread the love :)

Most importantly, download and enjoy The Testing Planet!

You might be interested in... TestBash Workshop Day

TestBash Workshop Day - Software Testing Conference

Tags:

14 Responses to “The Testing Planet has landed”

1. OliaJuly 27, 2010 at 11:06 am #

Guys,

I’d really like to get a copy of the Testing Planet, but i cannot open the downloaded .pdf file. All i get is the “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.” message from my Acrobat Reader.

Is there any other way to get it (not downloading from here)?

thanks a lot,
    Olia

• Rob LambertAugust 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

This should be fixed now.

Thanks!
      Rob..

2. SpeedmasterJuly 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

Great stuff, reading it now! Enjoying the test automation design article.

3. MarkJuly 28, 2010 at 6:57 am #

Just read it.. very nice! Keep up it guys! Very informative and useful.. two thumbs up!

4. Bruno FelipeJuly 28, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

Hii i’m from Brazil and i just took a look briefly into The Testing Planet and it seems to be a great document about Testing Software. Really grateful to find it out.

Cheers =)

5. ClaudioAugust 3, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

Hi, I cant download the file, show me the message of “file broken”, ¿Exists alternative site for download?

6. Rosie SherryAugust 3, 2010 at 6:03 pm #

@claudio can you tell me more about the problem so we can investigate? (ie. a bug report!) :)

7. SimonAugust 5, 2010 at 8:08 pm #

I’m curious to know what you used to generate the PDF, as I can’t print this from Ubuntu 10.04 or Windows 7 — it causes my printer to barf after a few pages. It also crashes my iPhone PDF reader, and can’t be parsed by pdf2ps under Linux.

• Rosie SherryAugust 5, 2010 at 9:38 pm #

We’re looking into the problems some people are reporting. I believe Adobe InDesign was used, but need to check with our designer. Which iPhone PDF reader app are you using?

8. Rosie SherryAugust 11, 2010 at 11:34 am #

I’ve updated the file and the download link. Hopefully should resolve any problems.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Un nuevo planeta ha llegado: The Testing Planet - July 27, 2010

[…] La versión en PDF es gratuita y se puede descargar desde este enlace. […]

2. Cartoon Tester: The Testing Planet - July 27, 2010

[…] Testing Planet Guess what?! The STC have just released a new testing newspaper, THE TESTING PLANET!!! They've included 4 never seens cartoons. I managed to get a hard copy and the whole newspaper […]

3. Newspaper Stories: The Testing Planet | Newspaper Club - October 6, 2010

[…] Rosie! There are more photos in this The Testing Planet Flickr set and you can download the PDF to find out […]

4. Revista Testing Planet | TestingBaires - November 11, 2010