Weekly Newsletter: Risk or Fear: What drives your testing?
This newsletter is kindly supported by TechWell!
Join the testing community for the best.week.ever. in Anaheim, CA. There will be over 100+ learning sessions on the hottest topics—DevOps, test automation, continuous testing, leadership, AI/ML, and more. Early Bird Pricing Until August 30. Explore the Conference
Testing and the Community
- My Fulfilling Experience at TestBash Netherlands 2019 - It all started in a bar where I was having beers with my future boss to-be.
- Tester's Start Your Engines - TestBash Is Coming to the Midwest - That’s right folks, TestBash is coming to Detroit for the first time on 23-24th April 2020
- Navigating A Career Path In Software Testing - These days, the Tester’s role is changing and to stay relevant, you have to be willing to focus on more than the functional aspects of the application.
- Risk or Fear: What drives your testing? - Many say they do risk-based testing, but walking the walk is showing to be more challenging than organizations realized. Jenna Charlton will help you with her talk at TestBash San Francisco - Early Bird tickets end on 30th August!
- Releasing? No big deal. - Interesting read on testing in production.
- The Culture Of Busy - We all love being busy. What is the result of all this busy-ness?
- Daily stand up - Great reminder. Short and to the point.
- What do you and don’t you add to a regression suite? - I want to know tester thoughts on what you add and what you don’t add?
- Writing Exploratory Charters - This is based on "A simple charter template" from Elisabeth Hendrickson's awesome book Explore It!
Upcoming MoT Events
- Power Hour – Pairing & Mobbing - Lisi Hocke - 22nd of August 7pm UK Time
- TestBash Germany - 12th - 13th September 2019
- TestBash Manchester - 2nd - Thursday 3rd October 2019
- Test.bash(); - 4th October 2019
- TestBash Australia - 24th - 25th October 2019
- TestBash New Zealand - 29th October 2019
- TestBash San Francisco - 6th - 7th November 2019
- TestBash Brighton - 26th - 27th March 2020
- TestBash Detroit - 23rd - 24th April 2020
- Understanding Assistive Technology: How Do Deaf-Blind People Use Technology? - Understanding digital accessibility challenges is easy if you know people with disabilities. But what if you’ve never seen a person who is blind use their computer or smartphone?
- 6 myths about making your website accessible to people with disabilities - are you falling for the six most common misconceptions about making your website and other digital assets accessible to people with disabilities.
- Postman - Postman is a massively popular tool when it comes to API testing, Mark & Richard spent some time exploring it in detail.
- Elevate your automation game by using Git Hooks - Automatically consume APIs and perform behind-the-scenes actions with your everyday Git commands.
- 3 ways to deploy and share virtual services and API mocks - There are three common ways you can deploy and share your virtual services or API mocks.
- How to Boost Your Ecommerce Revenue with Localization - Let's take a look at three localization strategies that you can use to boost your ecommerce revenue, as well as how to test localization to ensure it works.
- 5 Strategies for Going Deep on Kubernetes Debugging - Applications running in Kubernetes can be hard to debug, let alone test.
- API Testing Mistake #2: Using Hard-Coded Test Data - Robert Schneider - Rob explains when it's OK to use hard-coded data and when it's better to use some data generators.
- What does Continuous Testing ACTUALLY mean? - Whatever we call it, testing is not ever separate from software development.
Check out our forever automagically updated list of software testing podcasts...
- PyBites Code Challenges behind the scenes - Bob Belderbos - Going behind the scenes and sharing the tech stack running the PyBites Code Challenges platform.
- AB Testing – Episode 106: Weapons of Math Destruction - Steve Rowe is back (for the third time!) on AB Testing to take part in a discussion on ethics in data science.
- Episode 558 - IoT Strike Again - Kids Are Increasingly At Risk - Internet of Things, IoT, is a wild fire of expansion and unfortunately security is not exactly efficient.
- 141: Black Hat and Bridezillas - Say cheese to ransomware on your camera! A sponsored speech at Black Hat causes uproar, and should you trust that Lightning cable you're about to plug into your MacBook?
- Karate - an open-source tool to combine API test-automation, mocks and performance-testing into a single, unified framework.
- One Misconfig (JIRA) to Leak Them All- Including NASA and Hundreds of Fortune 500 Companies! - The root cause behind the leak was the wild misconfiguration which was present in JIRA.
- State Farm Falls Victim to Credential-Stuffing Attack - State Farm Insurance is notifying customers that accounts have been compromised by hackers in a credential-stuffing attack.
- Banking PINs exposed in Monzo secure storage slip-up - When is a secure PIN not a secure PIN? When you accidentally store it in your log files.
- Microsoft Lab Offers $300K For Working Azure Exploits - Microsoft says its Azure Security Lab will allow researchers to attack its cloud environment in a customer-safe way.
- What Capital One's cybersecurity team did (and did not) get right - While it’s tempting to knock Capital One for this breach, there’s a lot they got right.
- Irish State told to delete ‘unlawful’ data on 3.2m citizens - Data Protection Commission’s stance a serious blow to PSC project
- Biostar security software 'leaked a million fingerprints' - More than a million fingerprints and other sensitive data have been exposed online by a biometric security firm, researchers say.
- Senior QA Automation Developer, Web Experience - Toronto, Canada
- Automation Test Engineers - Gloucester, United Kingdom
- Hello Cypress! - Auckland
- Ask Us Anything - Software Testing Clinic London
- The Future of Software Testing + Data Science - Manila
- August 2019 - Leeds
- 1st Annual End of Summer Happy Hour - Dallas
- PART 2 - An Introduction to Selenium with Java - for absolute beginners - Auckland
- Save the Date - Movie Night!! - Bergen
- Lightning Talks - Brisbane
TestBash Australia 19
We're heading back to Straya! Glorious weather, epic topics and awesome community. It's going to be an absolute ripper, see you there!
TestBash San Francisco 2019
Get your tickets now to be part of TestBash San Francisco 2019! The lineup is awesome, the venue has views for days, and the community vibe is unmatched! See you there?