With summer in full swing, we welcome Thomas Rinke to the island, to talk about his career in testing, talking through some of the challenges and achievements associated with guiding teams along their agile journey, from both a tester and manager’s perspective.
We also talk further about the concept of “whole team quality”, the joy of exploratory testing, the importance of promoting team diversity, and how we can each help to elevate new voices.
In an episode recorded in early July, Neil makes some eerily accurate predictions for the outcome of the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament, and there are some rock/pop-infused musical selections that include the first appearance of a James Bond theme song.
This episode is sponsored by Provar: Provar is the leading expert in Salesforce testing focused on accelerating innovation within the Salesforce ecosystem. They provide a robust test automation solution and deep Salesforce expertise to help you deliver scalable and repeatable tests to enhance release agility and maximize your Salesforce investment. To learn more visit provartesting.com.
- Ministry of Testing: The Club
- Richard’s posts about the Future of TestBash
- Wikipedia: Scaled agile framework (SAFe)
- YouTube: AgileTD: Janet Gregory - Testing is a Team Problem
- Wikipedia: Behaviour-driven development (BDD)
- James Bach: Exploratory Testing 3.0 (“All testing is exploratory”)
- Alex Schladebeck on Twitter: @alex_schl
- Exploratory Testing: What are microheuristics and how can you find and use them? with Alexandra Schladebeck
- Exploratory Testing Week 2021: Video of Thomas’s experience report
- Exploratory Testing Week 2021: Thomas’s Club thread with mind maps
- 99-Minute Workshops: Lena Wiberg: Speed-testing Using Mind-maps
- Berlin Marathon
- Netflix: Coded Bias
- Better Allies on Twitter: @betterallies
- Cucumber Podcast: Sexual Harrassment in Tech
- Ben Dowen on Twitter: @FullSnackTester
- Tester of the Day on Twitter: @TesterOfTheDay
- Tester of the Day nomination form
- Agile Testing Days
- Racket: Richard Bradshaw - Rewarding the MoT team with August off
- Thomas on Twitter: @thomrinke