Join a group note-taking session.
Fellow testing professionals read articles and write notes together in real-time on a collaborative writing tool.
And for this round of Note Takers, we'll explore articles about Security Testing, for those who want to expand their knowledge.
Here's how it works:
- We join a shared virtual room
- Trisha Chetani (your host) shares an article link
- All participants put themselves on mute and read and capture their notes on a collaborative note-taking tool (Google Docs)
- We pause after a timebox and collectively discuss/debrief our reflections
- Repeat with more articles until we get to the end of the session
By the end of this session you'll have:
- Discovered useful information related to Security Testing
- Appreciated other perspectives on the topic
- Made a few connections with fellow Pro members
- A comprehensive set of notes to take away
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't seem to join the session on Butter, what's up?
Butter best supports a desktop browser – and downloadable desktop app.
Do I have to engage during the session? I'd prefer to just listen.
We appreciate that for some another group video call is just all too much, particularly if your learning style prefers asynchronous learning – and learning by oneself.
If you're open to it, we encourage a level of engagement that will involve taking notes and sharing thoughts vocally about those notes.
If this type of interactive session isn't for you please do let us know and we can explore alternative options. This is an inclusive community and we look to improve the inclusivity and accessibility of all our events.
How come you're using Google Docs? Why not use something more interactive like Miro or Google Jamboard?
Google Docs is hopefully familiar enough that it won't be a barrier to taking notes.
If the tool appears unfit for purpose we'll consider another collaborative note-taking tool like Miro or Google Jambaord. We very much welcome feedback about the experience.