99-Minute Workshops, the brand new addition to Ministry of Testing’s learning platform available only to our Pro Members.
Our short, instructor-led, workshops are the perfect way to explore and experiment with new ideas, keep updated with new tools and approaches to testing. Broadening your understanding of what it means to be a valuable member of a modern software development team.
Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting
Have you have felt the need to share everything you’ve learnt with your colleagues and don't know ho to? Louise Gibbs will show how she does it on the 4th of November 2020 at 1 PM (New York, US Time) with her workshop in Visual Facilitation and Sketchnoting.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- explain the benefits of sketchnoting,
- identify key points while listening to a conference talk,
- record brief, but informative notes, while listening to a talk or reading a text book or article and
- compose sketch-notes based on pre-written notes.
For more information on the 99-Minute Workshops click here.
What You'll Learn
By the end of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Compose sketch-notes based on pre-written notes.
- Explain the benefits of sketchnoting.
- Identify key points while listening to a conference talk.
- Record brief, but informative notes while listening to a talk or reading a text book or article.
About This Workshop
Louise recently started work as a Senior QA Analyst at MandM Direct, an online sportswear retailer. Before this, she worked at Malvern Panalytical, a company that developed scientific instruments for a variety of industries, most notably pharmaceuticals. She was involved in testing the software used to carry out automated particle imaging and raman spectroscopy to identify particles in a mixed sample. Louise graduated from Bangor University with a degree in Computer Science for Business. Her first job after university was as a software tester for Loyalty Logistix, a company that produced Web, Mobile and Desktop applications that allowed members of the Automotive industry to run Loyalty schemes for customers.